Clay Shooting Grounds Andover/Newbury way

Dunkield

We are off to visit friends for the weekend and we fancy shooting (at) some clays Sunday.

4 Counties have FITASC so they are out, does anyone know of any good clay shoots round that way?

Doesn't have to be right on the doorstep, but doesn't want to be too far away either.

I should add, given the choice we don't want to go to Popham - thanks.

Stuart,

There is a 100 Registered Sporting at The Shooting Club, Upavon, Wilts, that's about 25 miles west of Andover down the A303, then up the A345 Northbound when you get to Amesbury, ring Jeremy Horton on 01980 630990. I'm told that the targets there tend to be a bit samey, but that doesn't matter if you've never shot it before. Entries 10.00 till 14.00.

There's also a club at Larkhill Garrison which is open to the public, not sure if they've got a shoot this Sunday, e-mail this guy to find out : kmhowe@ntlworld.com

There's not much else on in that area, you've picked a bad weekend..!!

Cat.

There's also Lains, which is near the Thruxton Circuit

http://www.lainsshootingschool.co.uk/ it's not open on a Sunday though only Saturday.

Generally there's a 50 sporting, 25 Duck Flight sequence Skeet and DTL layout and there's a 25 bird super sporting which is pretty good too. I used to visit this ground quite a lot but over the last 12 months I've only had time to go once.

It's fibre wad only.

There's an air rifle target range too.

Jonsey

Jonesy, I saw Lains and as you say it's Saturday only, but the website doesn't sell it very well either.

Lefty, thanks for the offer, probably not a good idea this time. This whole weekend is going to be a bit spontaneous (the boy has to go to the fracture clinic Saturday, so if that doesn't work out we may not end up overnighting, if we do, it is almost my birthday so Saturday night could run into Sunday morning etc etc) so I won't waste your time by saying we are even getting out of bed let alone going shooting. Now you can see why I will never be any good :lol:

Jonesy, I saw Lains and as you say it's Saturday only, but the website doesn't sell it very well either.

Lefty, thanks for the offer, probably not a good idea this time. This whole weekend is going to be a bit spontaneous (the boy has to go to the fracture clinic Saturday, so if that doesn't work out we may not end up overnighting, if we do, it is almost my birthday so Saturday night could run into Sunday morning etc etc) so I won't waste your time by saying we are even getting out of bed let alone going shooting. Now you can see why I will never be any good :lol:

:happybday: (ish) then, some other time... Have a nice one. :lol:

stuart

i may be at Upavon (the shooting club) this Sunday

will wear my special hat courtesy of mungler to be instantly recognisable

i on the other hand will keep an eye out for a grumpy old man with bloodshot eyes

TP

Ha.

IF (also bearing in mind rain is now forcast) we make it along, I will take LB's advice and keep an eye out for Man at Oxfam ;)

I of course will be the picture of sartorial elegance, and 'remarkably slim' in PW terms at least.

Apparently Saturday night we will be testing the theory that no matter much home made cider you drink you will never get a hangover :D