I’ve made a recovery

elgreco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/04/2020 at 18:15, JKD said:

Hi Tom, it's really good of you to keep us informed, and for taking the time to answer these questions.

Having had chest, and hence breathing problems, myself, [although, obviously nothing like what you've been through] are you actually feeling improvements every day ? And do you have regular contact with any medical people at this time ?

Hi thankyou, I haven’t much else to to other than be grateful I made it. Each day I’m trying to walk a little further. I got a follow up discharge phone call from the hospital asking how I was doing and advising on exercise. They said they would ring again next week to check up on progress. 
I think it will be a long recovery process in terms of building my leg muscles back up as for lungs I have to practice deep slow breaths to get capacity back up 

cheers

tom

1 hour ago, elgreco said:

Hi thankyou, I haven’t much else to to other than be grateful I made it. Each day I’m trying to walk a little further. I got a follow up discharge phone call from the hospital asking how I was doing and advising on exercise. They said they would ring again next week to check up on progress. 
I think it will be a long recovery process in terms of building my leg muscles back up as for lungs I have to practice deep slow breaths to get capacity back up 

cheers

tom

Well, thanks very much for taking the time to reply, and answering my questions,,,, much appreciated. 

It sounds like it's going to be a long slog for you and I wish you all the best for getting back to full fitness 👍

The breathing exercises are a must, and even a tiny little bit of all round improvement every day is a good thing.

All the best 🙂