Variation to add a .243/.308

Hi,

i was looking for a bit of advice. I own 12 acres of commercial woodland surrounded by deer fence. I have a grant with a condition where I have to control pests to the trees. I have a air gun license, SGC and FAC for the land in place for 18 months without issue. Recently I have been getting roe deer inside the fence and I should get them culled but I’m not licensed for any calibres suitable for deer. I’m a member of a club as well and I was thinking about getting into full bore and was thinking of putting in a variation to cover club use and deer control on my land. I talked to a guy who controls deer and he looked at the land and thought it was ok for .243 / .308 but he’s been up a few times and seen the deer but nowhere he could get a shot so I think he’s not that keen as it may take a long time and he’s got easier places to work. 

I’m in Scotland. Any thoughts on the likely response from the Police on this? It seems reasonable to me 

thanks

Should be no problem, in fact I would be astounded if there was not good reason between the club and the deer. I got my .308 on initial grant. My advice would be to go for .243 first however, if your problem is just with roe and you don’t see yourself as likely to go out on the hills etc.