.22 Velocitor??

that's what my .22 is sighted in for. I've shot them to 50 yd with no problems. They are a bit louder than a normal 22 shell, almost as much as a 22 mag. But they have a lot more killing power than a standard 22. If you are taking head shots at hares and squirrels then I'd stick to standard 22 LR rounds for price and noise. If you are shooting longer shots (40 yd+), taking body shots, or considering fox at all, then go with the velocitors (or stingers).

I shot velocitors because I would take 50 yd shots at groundhogs with them. Groundhogs can absorb lead.

Thanks,

Rick

As with all CCI ammo, they can be a wee bit tight in a CZ chamber, so closing the bolt may be stiff.

I used them once, noisey enough, but hard hitting for foxes. :good:

Personally, i use to also find the winchester subs hard hitting too. :)

All within 70 yds.

Frank.

Has anyone on here had any experience with the CCI .22 Velocitor round? If so, what did you think of it?

Spent a lot of time (and rounds) with the Velocitors and ended up back with Eley subs (taking rabbits regularly at between 100 and 140 yards)

The Velocitors are the most accurate of the HV 22s that I tried but if you know your range and holdover then subs are much more accurate.

It's to do with the turbulance that the HVs encounter as they come back down through the sound barrier.

Do yourself a favour and stick with whichever subs suit your gun the best (I'd have done better to listen to the advice that I got when I asked the same question)

Good luck

The above post is entierly correct.

The name used from Supersonic ----> Subsonic or the other way around is called 'Transonic' and does indeed cause turbulance to the bullet as it changes. Supersonic rounds will be good for closer ranges (50-60m) as they will contain a steady velocity. Beyond this and you may have problems.

A silencer does very little effect, I usually take it off when on HV as theres no need.

My veiw is that a rimfires main purpose and advantage is the fact it can be so quiet, so thats what I use it for. If I need to shoot past 100m, il use a centerfire. Right tool for the right job. I would never consider a fox past 60(ish) meters, prehaps further if I had a stable rest, and good conditions.

Never used them but I would agrees with Frank. I used the Stinners, hard to bolt up and the ejector could not get them out. I had to use a wee screw driver to remove them. Got rid of them. The problem was the stinner is a tad longer and thicker. I used them in a Ruger 77/22. Some on here once told me that Ruger now stamp on the rifle barrel not to use CCi Stingers. Don't know if that is true but do know keep them out of a Ruger.

A high pressure round will often loose tight grouping.

I use Winchesters Subs or Winchester Lazers. I shoot rabbits, head shot at (this spring) 92 yrds; well up for it. Lazers I have shot pigeons on the ground at 120yrs but more often I use them out ot 100yrs and tight at that; 32g and flater trajectory.

That me

Aldo,

I AM doing myself a favour, and using them before I condemn them.

You SEEM to have been offended by something I wrote .. no offence intended :rolleyes:

I'm not condeming Velocitors either.

I managed to get the Vels grouping under 2" at 120 yards so they're not totally inaccurate and they're MUCH better than Eley HV, Winnie HV and Remmie HV but with Eley subs I managed around an inch at the same distance which basically makes them twice as good IMO (at least as far as accuracy goes)

If I was shooting at sub 60 yards all the time then I would probably use Vels for the extra stopping power but I regularly shoot 100-140 yards and the subs do the trick time after time.

I'm now waiting for clearance for 17Mach2 so that I can greatly reduce the holdover that I need (basically flat to 120 yards when zero'd at 100)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Never used them but I would agrees with Frank. I used the Stinners, hard to bolt up and the ejector could not get them out. I had to use a wee screw driver to remove them. Got rid of them. The problem was the stinner is a tad longer and thicker. I used them in a Ruger 77/22. Some on here once told me that Ruger now stamp on the rifle barrel not to use CCi Stingers. Don't know if that is true but do know keep them out of a Ruger.

A high pressure round will often loose tight grouping.

I use Winchesters Subs or Winchester Lazers. I shoot rabbits, head shot at (this spring) 92 yrds; well up for it. Lazers I have shot pigeons on the ground at 120yrs but more often I use them out ot 100yrs and tight at that; 32g and flater trajectory.

That me

where do you buy the Winchesters?

Aldo, Not offended at all. When I have had time to evaluate Velocitors I may, like you, go back to my Eley subs, but I'm going to give the Velocitors a fair crack of the whip before I either move over to them or go back. I always used HVHP rounds in the past and came over to subs when everyone else seemed to be using them. Having missed the HVHPs I thought I'd try Velocitors. Another deciding factor was that I'm grassing three or four rabbits, at the same place with the .17HMR, and I think they put up with the noise, but stay ready for another shot, because their mates don't move after being hit with the 20 grain Gamepoints. Time will tell. With 30% more energy they should be a bit better on the occasional short range fox. I had a fox in front of me this afternoon, at about 40 yards. It dithered about, taking in the scent of the rabbits that had just run in, and I put the cross hairs on him and told him he was dead. I can't shoot foxes on this land so he was a lucky Reynard.