Answer machine on land lines

30-6

With an answer machine on a landline, if for example it has a run time of 20 minutes, if I was away for say 2 days and the 20 minutes filled up with messages, does it then just stop going into answer machine mode or does it start deleting messages that I might not have read ?

If mine is full, which is rare this year as I have been home except for 3 days in hospital, it will still play the recorded message and then state that a message cannot be left and hang up. It is a BT model, cannot remember which one but certainly not expensive, I think around 30 quid for 2 phones. I can bluetooth my contacts from mine and the mrs' phone and it matches the incoming number and displays who is calling. Amazing the low cost of some technology.

I seem to get around 5 calls a day from unrecognised numbers which display i.e. not hidden, who hang up as soon as they, or the computer, realise it is an answerphone, ideal.

To be honest, don't really want / need an answer machine. But just had a trio of cordless that has an answer machine in main base. Shut off at the moment, but asked in case I decided to use it.

It is on the primary phone socket which is in an awkward place.

Remote access, I am still using an old Nokia.

26 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

To be honest, don't really want / need an answer machine. But just had a trio of cordless that has an answer machine in main base. Shut off at the moment, but asked in case I decided to use it.

It is on the primary phone socket which is in an awkward place.

Remote access, I am still using an old Nokia.

With my land line answer phone, i can hear any messages left on my landline from anywhere by pressing 9 on my (any mobile) followed by my Pin chosen code and by pressing a particular number on the mobile delete, save, move onto the next message etc. Makes no odds what or how old the mobile is. 👍