Shotgun certificate

myuserid

• 3 weeks later...
Am I working this out correctly? That's just about a month since you sent out your application?

Seems to me the average time to wait from start to finish is about 6-8 weeks.

Have a little patience... And "Telling them off" Probably won't help much.

Thats irrelevant, they said 7 days after the interview a cert would be issued. 7 days went, still nothing, gave them a call "sorry its going to take 4-5 weeks", 4-5 weeks later gave them another call, "sorry there is a 6-8 week back-log".

Excuses Excuses, how difficult is it to print a cert, I know they have to do checks but the GP's are practically next door!

It sounds to me like the licensing dept are confused about the stage of your application (has happened to me) .

Normally the application gets registered and the queued, when it gets through the queue the PNC/GP and countersignatory checks are done. Only after all the paperwork is processed does the FEO normally come out; it should be at the top of the pile as the FEO does a report after the interview and it goes direct to the licensing manager and The Chief Constable for final approval. I cannot see how this can take 6-8 weeks as you have already queued, it sounds like a breakdown in comms between the FEO and licensing dept.

Its worth sorting out as it would be a real pain if they started the checks again by mistake. This new computer system is apparently not properly showing all recorded events/docs on a persons license file. Despite the "rusty shack" basis that most licensing depts operate in; it seems that they are completly unable to communciate internally without the applicant relaying messages on their behalf.

mr_colt.

Am I working this out correctly? That's just about a month since you sent out your application?

Seems to me the average time to wait from start to finish is about 6-8 weeks.

Have a little patience... And "Telling them off" Probably won't help much.

Thats irrelevant, they said 7 days after the interview a cert would be issued. 7 days went, still nothing, gave them a call "sorry its going to take 4-5 weeks", 4-5 weeks later gave them another call, "sorry there is a 6-8 week back-log".

Excuses Excuses, how difficult is it to print a cert, I know they have to do checks but the GP's are practically next door!

Keep ur chin up... when It arrives, you'll love the Firearms dept!