Sapling ?

steve_b_wales

1 hour ago, stumpy69 said:

Could be castor bean? The seeds come in a pod which looks similar to chestnut so possible got mixed up?

I know I haven't planted an castor beans but have planted Horse Chestnuts. When I remove it from the container ready to hand out, I'll check to see if there's a 'conker' in the earth.

Should have said they are like sweet chestnut, a lot more 'spiky' looking than horse chestnut. The seeds could possibly get confused with acorns they are a similar size but more patterned. 

The site below show variation in the castor bean seeds

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Representation-of-the-variability-in-color-and-size-observed-among-seeds-of-castor-bean_fig3_221921966

4 minutes ago, stumpy69 said:

Should have said they are like sweet chestnut, a lot more 'spiky' looking than horse chestnut. The seeds could possibly get confused with acorns they are a similar size but more patterned. 

The site below show variation in the castor bean seeds

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Representation-of-the-variability-in-color-and-size-observed-among-seeds-of-castor-bean_fig3_221921966

I should be able to find out soon, once it's pulled out of the pot. 

Edited by steve_b_wales