Sky +,anyone had a good deal?

vole

I have had sky tv for about 14 years now.I recently went on to their Tv,broadband and phone package but still have the original reciever which I have to switch on and off because the controls freeze.I went on a bit of a campaign and they offered me a Sky + box for £49 which I was happy with.I phoned them and they said their prices had just gone up and I had to pay £79.My back was up so the exact reasons the snotty nosed one tried to give were lost on me but..Has anyone got any experiences of trying to get a decent deal off Sky? I frankly detest them as they keep racking up the prices once they have you but terrestrial tv is not much cop for shift workers.Cheers guys.

Time lapsed was 6 days.Had already accepted by email.Maybe a communication breakdown.I had to make 3 phonecalls hanging on till I got to speak to a human I could actually hear,without the long distance lines you get and difficult to understand accents.

I was offered and took the £49 deal few months back, I threatened to leave them for Setanta and they seemed fairly keen to do good deal, a mate on here(Richie1606) got a free sky+ box from them but can't remember what the reason was behind this, I'll let him come along and explain.I hate ringing them because, without being racist, it's bloody hard understanding the majority of phone operators that work there,plus your usually on hold for ages. If it wasn't for the Premiership coverage I would save a packet and move to freeview

I got a good deal off them eventually. Had to play the game though. I was on the Sky world package and decided it was too dear. Rang Sky up and told them I couldn't afford it anymore and asked to be put on FreeSat ( same as freeview but using the sky box.). After being on freesat for about a month Sky rang me up aking to go back to them. The deal I settled for was a free Sky+ box , free installation no contract ,£25 credited to my account and back onto the sky world package.Thought that was a good deal :blush:

When I got HD, despite being a customer for near on 10 years, they would not discount it. Luckily I found a loophole where there was a deal where if you bought a TV from Currys over a certain amount you got it half price with free install (at the time still £200). I just took the TV back and got a refund :good:

Now they are "rewarding" long standing customers new to HD with half price, existing good customers get 2 free HD movies worth £7

Sky are a bunch of ******* w**kers and if it wasn't for Discovery and certain other educational channels (no, really) I would have ditched them a long time ago. I also have dealings with them in a professional capacity which it would be improper to comment on :blush:

SKY + and a good deal............

Thats like an oxymoron.............

SKY + and a **** service,,,,,,,,,,,**** system breaking down hard drives...........6 changes of boxes and still system crashes.

Went over to virgin - Sod SKY1..................untill channel five stopped showing prison break after 2 series...........Liike you let sky take the 3rd.....................retards.........

Virgin is the best bet........you even get free HD tv for BBC1................

Hi

I believe that you can place a normal IDE HDD (Hard Disk Drive) into your sky + box, but there is some special Software which you need to run to make the HDD compatible with Sky.

I will try to find out more over the weekend and get back to you all, but this will allow you to upgrade the box to a larger HDD.

More films to record...

Thinking about sky+ myself at present as i can not watch my sky progs due to cartoons and all the soap stuff

******** ..... i have just paid £129, and have been a customer for 15 years or so. sounds like i was mugged.

Really peed with sky, i only have it for the football, and now we seem to have lost games on saturday and monday evenings to setanta, its meant to be fairer, is it hell, just means i have to pay someone else an extra 10'er to watch what i was already getting from sky after paying £40.

******** ..... i have just paid £129, and have been a customer for 15 years or so. sounds like i was mugged.

Really peed with sky, i only have it for the football, and now we seem to have lost games on saturday and monday evenings to setanta, its meant to be fairer, is it hell, just means i have to pay someone else an extra 10'er to watch what i was already getting from sky after paying £40.

And also they put a lot of matches on Sky Sports 2 which would cost me an extra 6 quid a month, the robbing ********

Hi

I believe that you can place a normal IDE HDD (Hard Disk Drive) into your sky + box, but there is some special Software which you need to run to make the HDD compatible with Sky.

I will try to find out more over the weekend and get back to you all, but this will allow you to upgrade the box to a larger HDD.

More films to record...

Thinking about sky+ myself at present as i can not watch my sky progs due to cartoons and all the soap stuff

If it's a revision 1 2 or 3 box you don't need anything, just a compatible drive.

In their infinite wisdom they decided to make the box reformat and enable any drive it detects which isn't a sky+ drive. Just just need to make sure it's under 128bit LBA - there's a list on AVforums - just google it.

(doesn't work with HD btw)