FAC Update - Almost there!!!

ShaggyRS6

• 2 weeks later...

Bradders,

As a matter of interest, how did you get approval for 2 x .22 LR's?

I had my police security visit 2 weeks ago, having applied for 1 x .17HMR, 1 x .22 LR & 1 x .223, and the first thing he said was "there's no problem with the .223 but they won't let you have both .17 & .22 so which one do you want? (My reasons for use were pest/vermin control and he said that the .17 & .22 were different tools for the same job). But, on a brighter note, as he was leaving he said that if I gave him a call in 6 months and told him that the .22 LR wasn't accurate enough for long range bunnies he'd probably grant a variation to my cert. (more money to HM gov?)

Bradders,

I had my police security visit 2 weeks ago, having applied for 1 x .17HMR, 1 x .22 LR & 1 x .223, and the first thing he said was "there's no problem with the .223 but they won't let you have both .17 & .22 so which one do you want? (My reasons for use were pest/vermin control and he said that the .17 & .22 were different tools for the same job). But, on a brighter note, as he was leaving he said that if I gave him a call in 6 months and told him that the .22 LR wasn't accurate enough for long range bunnies he'd probably grant a variation to my cert. (more money to HM gov?)

silver fox

ive got 2 X .22lr on my f.a.c . one is a .22 self loading set up for day work, the other is a bolt action set up fpr night work !!! they wont let you have two of the same I-E 2 bolt action,s. so if you choose one of each you may get away with it ( im in Lancashire) :lol::lol:

shaun

Bradders,

silver fox

ive got 2 X .22lr on my f.a.c . one is a .22 self loading set up for day work, the other is a bolt action set up fpr night work !!! they wont let you have two of the same I-E 2 bolt action,s. so if you choose one of each you may get away with it ( im in Lancashire) :lol::lol:

shaun

sorry !!

forgot to say, also got a .17HMR granted for long range work on golf courses, and also told my fao there are less ricochets with a .17hmr wich he agreed with

Bradders,

That does seem odd, I had 2 .22 on my first FAC and have added another so now have 3!! I also got a .17hmr for the longer bunnies, just said that I wanted a pump, semi auto and bolt .22.

Weird how different forces give out firearms?

Dean K