Clulite , free.

mel b3

Hiya guys.

Rummaging through some stuff earlier, I came across one of my old clulite lamps . God knows how long it's been hanging in my cupboard , and it looks like I did a bodge repair in a field somewhere.  It's got a cig lighter plug on it,  and I'm guessing that it still works as it should.

It's free to anyone that want to collect it from dy4.

I'll hang on to it for a couple of days before I bin it 👍.

20220228_203030.jpg

20220228_203013.jpg

They are a good lamp.  Brings back to memory of us 2 up on a quad with an extension cable from the battery that we were both sitting on.   Somewhere on a taped over joint there was a flash over and the wire went red hot instantly . !!!  You've never seen such a quick stop and disembark.   We had to wrench the wire off.  The seat was damaged and we both had scorched trousers.  We had to abandon the patrol, go back to the farm to get a different lamp and resume patrol.  I re-calbed the lamp and it was good to go another day.  This time with proper connections and not wires twisted together.  Blooming cowboy underkeeper.

22 hours ago, Minky said:

They are a good lamp.  Brings back to memory of us 2 up on a quad with an extension cable from the battery that we were both sitting on.   Somewhere on a taped over joint there was a flash over and the wire went red hot instantly . !!!  You've never seen such a quick stop and disembark.   We had to wrench the wire off.  The seat was damaged and we both had scorched trousers.  We had to abandon the patrol, go back to the farm to get a different lamp and resume patrol.  I re-calbed the lamp and it was good to go another day.  This time with proper connections and not wires twisted together.  Blooming cowboy underkeeper.

I often think back to the old days of using car spot lamps and batteries.  I ruined plenty of jackets and trousers because of spilled battery acid .  My mate used to carry a car battery in a mop bucket , and a huge cibie (sp) spotlight , he'd carry it for miles around the fields , with his rifle and dead rabbit on his back .

I remember when maglites appeared , and I spent almost a weeks wages on one of them . 

My thermal that slips neatly into my pocket , certainly makes life easier.

29 minutes ago, Sprucey said:

If this falls through Please consider myself, Only in DY5 

Many thanks 

Yes of course buddy 👍

9 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I often think back to the old days of using car spot lamps and batteries.  I ruined plenty of jackets and trousers because of spilled battery acid .  My mate used to carry a car battery in a mop bucket , and a huge cibie (sp) spotlight , he'd carry it for miles around the fields , with his rifle and dead rabbit on his back  

I had a motorbike battery in some sort of webbing bag that I pop riveted onto a wide leather belt.  The lamp was à Honda 50 headlight fixed on a bent bracket with an inline switch.  This was all new territory back then.  Even that kit was a bit cumbersome in comparison to full sized car batteries.  Later on I  realised how pathetic the light power was on the old Honda headlight.  There again it isn't always about producing day light white conditions.  This can spook a target.  I prefer to look quick,  assess the target and ground, wind situation, then move to close the distance, look again and go from there.