First time shooting wood pigeons in UK

arqpatricio

hello :thumbs:

I want to share with you guys the experience that i had in my first time shooting wood pigeons in U.K. . Well, the last month of March I spend the best week of shooting party of my life... of course i had some greats days but a week like this never...I’m a fan of small game, specialy wood pigeon. I decided to try U.K. because in my country (Portugal) we don’t have mutch oportunities to shoot them, and for that i take the services of G.I. Country Sports UK, and i must say that i made a Bingo. The knowledge and the quality of the service given by Gary and Ian are unique and really top quality. I already shoot in Africa and some other countrys in Europe but i never found a top quality service like that. They are very profissional, what they promise to do it is exactly what you will get, the organization is perfect and the most important is that they care a lot about your shooting day, they don’t just drop you in the field and hope that the birds come. They really work for you.

The picture that i am posting in the one of my last shooting day , sorry about the quality of the photo...but the wind toke most of the pixels ( it was 65 mph that day) i made a superb bag of 75 birds.

I'm the man in the left, Ian at the right and the camera shooter is Gary :P

Gary and Ian you are really the best...hope to see you soon for more..ehehe

arqpatricio

:lol:

post-11-1083170170.jpg

Yes Teal, I had a great time but i must say that in the first day i was so nervous that I didn’t sleep all night and I miss a lot :thumbs: ... I shoot 11 birds for + - 80 shoots :lol: ... but after a good sleep all become a lot diferent :P ...I still remember a lot of my shoots and how is beautiful to watch the birds decoy...Louth is really beautiful, great landscape, I’ve seen a lot of wild game ( pheasants, rabbits, woodies etc...), i will come back for sure. :/

Just for the record, I will describe my bags:

Day 1 – 09 birds – 02 crows - 80 shoots

Day 2 – 35 birds – 03 crows - 95 shoots

Day 3 – 51 birds – 19 crows - 150 shoots

Day 4 – 16 birds – 0 crows - 25 shoots

Day 5 – 48 birds – 10 crows - 130 shoots

Day 6 – 78 birds – 10 crows - 130 shoots

Day 7 – I had to go home 

best regards

patricio

p.s. all the empty shells went to the gray bag in the left.. ;)

post-11-1083271534.jpg

arqpatricio, looks like you had a good week and consistant birds to shoot , G.I Country Sports has looked after you well. Its great to see photo's of other peoples days out on this site, i'll do the same when I have the money to get a digi camera.

Anything over 50% kill ratio is a good days shooting.

• 1 month later...