Harris bipod

PeterHenry

I'm thinking of buying a Harris Bipod to use on my pcp air rifle, rimfire and centerfire (when I get around to buying one) with the veiw that I'd rather spend the money on one good bipod and swap between guns than buy three cheap ones.

Does anyone have any first hand experience they can offer? Anything that should be avoided or would be too light weight?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Edited by PeterHenry

You're on track and only need the one. I would imagine that the swivel version is taken for granted, but the notched or not is personal preference as is the height adjustment - this is the iffy area as ultimately you possibly may need 2 here - 6-9 and 9-13 inches -  with the latter for starters perhaps.

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

You're on track and only need the one. I would imagine that the swivel version is taken for granted, but the notched or not is personal preference as is the height adjustment - this is the iffy area as ultimately you possibly may need 2 here - 6-9 and 9-13 inches -  with the latter for starters perhaps.

Thats great cheers - I'll be out tomorow mesuring the undergrowth to see which to get. Am I right in thinking that none are made particularly for air rifles? I could be wrong, but I was thinking that something too lightweight wouldn't be much good with a centerfire - but if they arn't dedicated to a certain range of calibres, i should be ok?

Yep, you're right. The thing to look at relates to the bipod rifle fore-end bearing surface. If the fore-end profile is a "U"ish all is well ( as most are), but some - like an Anschutz - can be a "V" which does make for a bit of fiddling. A friend - a police armourer and part of the constab' firearms team - told me that they weren't too clever with full bore rifles. I've never had a problem with any of my air, rimfire or centrefire  rifles or just the one fullbore 243, but can't answer for anything bigger.

On 18/04/2022 at 10:01, wymberley said:

Yep, you're right. The thing to look at relates to the bipod rifle fore-end bearing surface. If the fore-end profile is a "U"ish all is well ( as most are), but some - like an Anschutz - can be a "V" which does make for a bit of fiddling. A friend - a police armourer and part of the constab' firearms team - told me that they weren't too clever with full bore rifles. I've never had a problem with any of my air, rimfire or centrefire  rifles or just the one fullbore 243, but can't answer for anything bigger.

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

Any standard swivel  Harris is ok, don't go too tall or you may loose stability. 

Thanks both - much appreciated 👍