Buying cartridges ???.

22 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

33k is the standard quantity you get on a pallet, right?  Right?  I'd be finding that out first before approaching anyone.  Frankly I'm not surprised a gunshop didn't want to know, low margin and they're not likely to have that kind of storage space.

And I'd give JC a call and negotiate.  Assuming you bought a pallet's worth should be a nice deal for them.  Have the manufacturer 'drop ship' straight to you, and they take a cut?  Money for old rope.

No, 24k is the standard load on a pallet and they were being delivered direct to me hence it would have cost me money to lose a day's work waiting for a wagon to deliver and then move two pallet loads of cartridges into my garage. I really am tired of hearing "there is no money in cartridges"!!! What ever profit he was going to make he was making it very easily by just making a phonecall. 

22 hours ago, wymberley said:

Which tight fisted so and so only wanted 1,000? 

For 33k I'd be inclined to speak to Gamebore after all, you've nothing to lose. 

Believe me, the whole experience was like trying to herd cats!!! I had to do the maths for half of them - we shoot twice a month so thats 120 cartridges per month so 1200 for say ten months. Plus 250 for a clay day we go on and say another 200 for a few rounds elsewhere. That equals 1650 - so why do you just want 1000 if you're stocking up???

16 hours ago, London Best said:

Let me guess! 
Does the man with “mystery cartridges” regularly shoot rings round the rest of the group?

aha he's not one of those sadly, nor is he the the milk tray man..... :D But he does shoot extremely well regardless of shot or gun, just a beautifully talented man. 

13 hours ago, Lever357 said:

Believe me, the whole experience was like trying to herd cats!!! I had to do the maths for half of them - we shoot twice a month so thats 120 cartridges per month so 1200 for say ten months. Plus 250 for a clay day we go on and say another 200 for a few rounds elsewhere. That equals 1650 - so why do you just want 1000 if you're stocking up???

To be fair I have a shooting friend who buys by the slab and not even by the thou, purely because he cannot afford to invest in a thou at a time. I have offered to buy with him and buy the other 750, or to be his 'dealer' so he pays the lower price. But, pride gets to him and he politely declines.