If only I,d known.

Cranfield

Had a "duty" attendance today at my Farmer friends swathed rape.

It rained most of the day and the pigeons did not want to leave the trees.

A waste of time, but "I done me duty".

One irritating side effect was that driving along the "dirt/mud" tracks to get to the field, I plastered my car with mud.

When I had finished getting wet (hard to call it shooting), I went back to the farm and used the power wash to get the worst of the mud from my wheels and wheel arches etc.

Driving home I experienced wheel wobble at about 50 mph, anything faster and the car was almost undriveable.

I went straight to KwikFit and had the front wheels balanced and the tracking checked.

Cost me £28.95p and on the way home (after they shut), I noticed it was still there from 70mph upwards.

I am resigned to taking it back tomorrow and they can do it again.

I telephoned my Farmer friend to tell him that I would be back at the field again tomorrow, if it wasn,t raining hard.

I mentioned the wheel wobble and he reckons that its mud inside the wheel which is off balancing the wheel.

So, if I had cleaned the wheels out properly with the hose, I wouldn,t have had a problem or spent £28.95p.

If only I,d known !! :(

meandassey, KwikFits was like Dysneyland, 3 idiots that were more interested in larking about with each other, than in fixing anyones cars.

If I hadn,t been a bit desperate I would have gone somewhere else.

I anticipate a discussion tomorrow as to whether or not they should have sussed it out. :(

Ah well, I should never suffer from any of the problems you've had Cranfield!...........Firstly, I'd need to go downhill, with the wind behind me, to go over 50mph. And secondly, I never clean the truck anyway!!!!!!........... :(

:( Cranfield.....I'm dissapointed in you......you know if you have a problem with a Subaru you should not take it anywhere but a Subaru dealer......

I affraid your warranty is invalid... :(  :(

Next time ..  just one call to your friendly, helpfull nay perfect

Subaru service dept. :love:  :love: Nothing is to much trouble for thoose boys :(  :(

Dead-eye, you are probably right, but it was 5.15 pm and I know you Subaru guys like to get home on time. :(

I took the car back this mormning and they took all four wheels off and re-balanced them (no charge).

Going down the M2, violent vibrations at 65/70mph.

I decided to go to my pigeon shooting, as it wasn,t raining, KwikFit could be visited later.

Another slow  half day, there were a few birds about, but they are spoilt for choice.

One shot and nothing for an hour.

I only shot 5, but only used 5 cartridges, so I achieved something today.

The frequent VERY HEAVY showers didn,t help anything.

Anyway, back to KwikFit and tell them it still ain,t fixed, there was a general reluctance from anyone to do anything.

I insisted the "Manager" accompany me on a test drive so he could see for himself.

There was no disputing the vibrations and when we got back to the garage, they tell me the balancing machine is a bit knackered and they have had 6 cars back in the last few days.

I obviously asked why they are taking money to balance wheels, if the machine doesn,t work properly.

They told me it is intermittent.

The matter was resolved by me taking my car to KwikFit at Gravesend, where they checked the 4 wheels and found the balancing to be miles out.

I told them the whole sorry saga and they said it would be drawn to the attention of the Area Manager.

Their workshop was very efficient and a good advert for the Company.

I may not go to KwikFit in the future though. :(