How light do you go in 20g steel loads?

On 16/08/2022 at 09:25, Smudger687 said:

Out of interest, why choose 5 shot? 

Bishop can speak for his self. I personally have proven over many years Steel 5's are excellent for Duck best not mention Geese as a few might have a hissy fit oooops i already have. I'm already eager to go with Steel 6's Yes not a misprint Steel 6's. 

Bishop I've used 13/16oz Steel to good effect. Good luck mate for the coming season 👍

13 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Bishop can speak for his self. I personally have proven over many years Steel 5's are excellent for Duck best not mention Geese as a few might have a hissy fit oooops i already have. I'm already eager to go with Steel 6's Yes not a misprint Steel 6's. 

Bishop I've used 13/16oz Steel to good effect. Good luck mate for the coming season 👍

cheers m8,off out at the weekend for some pattern tests before opening day comes about.good luck yerself.

17 hours ago, nacnud said:

I tried #5 Steel last season to good effect, no problem with pheasants and mallard.

As I’m now loading for a 28g I’ve got some #6 steel shot to try, anybody else use #6 steel shot?

I had mallard flighting at a reasonable 30-40 yards stone dead with #5 steel..i think it was eley vip that id bought as i could not get  my gamebore 3" i usually used in the 12.They were perfectly fine for the job.my homeloaded 20 rounds should do the same at the same distances