Larson trap and Ladder trap use.

harrycatcat1

I've had my larson trap out and had 22 magpies this year. I've not had any catches in the larson for a few weeks so I retired the call bird and put the trap away for winter.

I made a ladder trap and put it out at a farm where there are a lot of corvids and also a lot of easy accessible food. I have been feeding around the ladder trap with the door open but the food is still there and the corvids are still in the vicinity. 

My question is do folks trap with larson and ladder all year round or do you find there is a "season" where it is best? Are they too crafty now? 

What is your opinion 🤔?

11 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Should have 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 do you reckon a magpie would get the crows coming in? 🤔 

Well I don’t know but it couldn’t have done any harm  

iv had all sorts of stuff coming into the call birds 

obviously you can let anything go that you’re not targeting that’s the good thing about these traps 

I think most of these traps work best in the breeding season

I dont many people who use them at this time of the year

I was hoping yours would work to be honest as i was going to dust ours off and start again

We had a terrible time trapping this year full stop and i dont know why - having said that my success rate at shooting them has gone through the roof and i am getting between 10/20 most days im out on the pigeon

4 hours ago, jall25 said:

I think most of these traps work best in the breeding season

I dont many people who use them at this time of the year

I was hoping yours would work to be honest as i was going to dust ours off and start again

We had a terrible time trapping this year full stop and i dont know why - having said that my success rate at shooting them has gone through the roof and i am getting between 10/20 most days im out on the pigeon

Yes I think that you are right 👍 ️  I think that I have missed the boat trapping them. I will have to have a session with the air rifle.