Combi Boiler (or not!)

steve_b_wales

16 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

This is our boiler pipework which can't be seen when looking directly at the cupboard it's fitted in.

Boiler 2 2.jpg

Yours looks much more user friendly logical for oldies to fathom water and radiator setting than my digital thingy. It has a remote thermostat that I can increase or decrease in half degree values that I can figure for a simple start/stop the heating so we will get by OK. And we can move that to a colder location if needed.

Being a bit of a thicko it'll take a long time to fathom how to adjust the timer despite the installer trying to tell me. I can't follow written instructions. :-) but my younger brother will work it out for me.

I'll likely build a tall cabinet around it, but will make it from a dark grey oak grain panel I have found. That it will be taller and deeper - extending down to the worktop will make it obvious its not intended to match the other units.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Yours looks much more user friendly logical for oldies to fathom water and radiator setting than my digital thingy. It has a remote thermostat that I can increase or decrease in half degree values that I can figure for a simple start/stop the heating so we will get by OK. And we can move that to a colder location if needed.

Being a bit of a thicko it'll take a long time to fathom how to adjust the timer despite the installer trying to tell me. I can't follow written instructions. 🙂 but my younger brother will work it out for me.

I'll likely build a tall cabinet around it, but will make it from a dark grey oak grain panel I have found. That it will be taller and deeper - extending down to the worktop will make it obvious its not intended to match the other units.

My son's gas boiler has a Honeywell wireless programmer , CM927 and I can do the normal heat settings but as for sorting the timer 🤔🙄

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.

Today, I received the £1000 from Barclaycard. The ************** who conned me, still insists it was all a mistake and that he has repaid the deposit to me via Barclaycard, despite them informing me that no such thing has happened. As mentioned, they will pursue him to recoup the money. I doubt they will get any joy as he is a limited company with £830 in his company funds.

I've been very careful not to be abusive to him in any way, and have now stopped all contact with him.