NHS Problems

ditchman

1 minute ago, amateur said:

But that would require a new public sector IT system, and we know how well they go.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was a few days in hospital in 2020 and despite a huge trolley full of kit (blood pressure, blood oxygen, sugars, temperature and other various mysterious tests etc.) all fully WiFi, Bluetooth enabled - and me having a wrist worn 'bar code' that was scanned with the measurements - the transcribing from the displays on the trolley full of instruments was via paper and two nurses, one checking the others results recording.  They also had great difficulty 'logging on' when there was change of shift and ordering up medications over the network.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was a few days in hospital in 2020 and despite a huge trolley full of kit (blood pressure, blood oxygen, sugars, temperature and other various mysterious tests etc.) all fully WiFi, Bluetooth enabled - and me having a wrist worn 'bar code' that was scanned with the measurements - the transcribing from the displays on the trolley full of instruments was via paper and two nurses, one checking the others results recording.  They also had great difficulty 'logging on' when there was change of shift and ordering up medications over the network.

Smacks of union driven restrictive practice as we have seen many times before.

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

Smacks of union driven restrictive practice as we have seen many times before.

Unfortunately I don't know. but that does seem likely.  It would certainly be technically possible - and from what I saw, the hardware is there, but not the procedure and maybe software.