Tropical fish tank shrimps

wisdom

23 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Apologies cherry shrimps

Before you buy anything to put in your tank i would suggest you take a sample of water to the shop and have them check the water. Also buy yourself a decent testing kit and check weekly, when you buy it ask for some help with what results to look for and what to do to rectify any issues. 

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

Before you buy anything to put in your tank i would suggest you take a sample of water to the shop and have them check the water. Also buy yourself a decent testing kit and check weekly, when you buy it ask for some help with what results to look for and what to do to rectify any issues. 

I do this already.

7 minutes ago, wisdom said:

I do this already.

Brill, if all your readings are good then you wont have any issues from the shrimps. Far too many people buy fish and then they die due to water contains too high nitrites. ammonia or such like thats why i mentioned testing the water. :good:

Sorry the fish die not the people that buy them. LOL 

Edited by Dougy

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Brill, if all your readings are good then you wont have any issues from the shrimps. Far too many people buy fish and then they die cue to water contains too high nitrites. ammonia or such like thats why i mentioned testing the water. :good:

Agree there I always check the water and regular partial changes.

This was very early on, months after the Java moss was overtaking the tank and was giving it away, the rest of the plants were similar, the shrimps, and Cory's were breeding like mad. Water samples didn't alter either,  so consistent i doubted the tests and ended up taking samples to Maidenhead aquatics. 

If you get a mix of shrimps you may find they will cross breed.

tank.jpg