Coffee machines

paul1966

We have both Nespresso Vertuo and a Sage espresso machine.

Both are excellent, Vertuo for a quick coffee and Sage if you like to dabble with beans, latte art, etc.

Vertuo coffees are more expensive, but have a terrific selection of strengths, sizes from espresso to an extremely large mug.

Milk is taken care of with a Krupps milk frother. It’s by far the best frother we have found (outside of steaming it yourself with a  great deal of skill required).

The Sage is like a traditional espresso machine, but much of the process is automated with a massive amount of adjustments available. It really is an excellent machine (I used to own a commercial espresso machine and grinder, so I have a bit of experience). The big downside is the price, here’s a link to the web page: -

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/espresso/bes980.html?sku=BES980UK

Hope this helps with your quest for coffee nirvana.

21 hours ago, paul1966 said:

good point about the limescale, talking of which, does anyone use a water filter at all to reduce it, the type that fit to the water main and you have a separate tap attached to it?

hi paul the brita water jug are an option for filling the machine if your in an hard water area, depending on what machine you have by setting the water hardness normally 1 being the softest 4 being the hardest setting, hard area is normal every 6 weeks

20 hours ago, moondoggy said:

We have both Nespresso Vertuo and a Sage espresso machine.

Both are excellent, Vertuo for a quick coffee and Sage if you like to dabble with beans, latte art, etc.

Vertuo coffees are more expensive, but have a terrific selection of strengths, sizes from espresso to an extremely large mug.

Milk is taken care of with a Krupps milk frother. It’s by far the best frother we have found (outside of steaming it yourself with a  great deal of skill required).

The Sage is like a traditional espresso machine, but much of the process is automated with a massive amount of adjustments available. It really is an excellent machine (I used to own a commercial espresso machine and grinder, so I have a bit of experience). The big downside is the price, here’s a link to the web page: -

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/espresso/bes980.html?sku=BES980UK

Hope this helps with your quest for coffee nirvana.

sage also have some nice grinders even tho i work for gaggia i prefer the sage pro 200 on demand