Two late starts

bunny_blaster

This week I’d planned on shooting Friday after work and today. I normally finish on a Friday by 9ish but this week I didn’t leave until 11 so I started out later than I wanted to. I checked a farm which is down the road from my work earlier in the week and it had a good number of birds on it with a few joining in the time I watched it. I came to it on Friday but it had zero birds there. I watched it for a while and saw nothing so I carried on. The next fields of rape I checked I have been watching for weeks and weeks. Now these fields have always had a reasonable amount of birds sat in the trees every time I’ve come to them but never anything joining so I’ve always left them. When I got there it was the same as usual, birds in the trees but no line into it. As time was getting on I decided to give it a go for a few hours. The birds disappeared for an hour and I was about to pack up when they just started to trickle back. I ended up having a steady few hours with some birds committing to the pattern from miles away and others just completely ignoring it. I ended up with 57 pigeon.

7FA6E814-FBEC-4041-8AD8-3CF1CB8A5ED5.jpeg.faf7e59b25587776dee37d76e767110e.jpeg

Saturday morning I went to view a new truck and I’d planned on spending the rest of the day with the other half to get some brownie points in. When I got home she’d ******** off out for a her friends birthday so I was at a lose end so what else was I meant to do? Again time was getting on so I drove the 2 minutes to my closest rape field to find roughly 150 birds down feeding. These birds generally lift off and don’t come back and Saturday was no exception. I decided to give it a go as I only had a couple of hours before they headed off to roost and I ended up with 32 pigeons. Amongst the bag was a very pale almost white wood pigeon. I’ve been after one for years and years but this was my first so it’s now wrapped up and will be going to a taxidermist as soon as possible

68ADDE44-5A4F-4DDA-980B-ABCEC3545597.jpeg.b12d767d42988ced6ef6bf1bb54c5d0a.jpeg

11A6E3D5-CE1A-46F2-A9CA-F8682B4C313E.jpeg.0280ab28d233abe9b9791fb512d24e93.jpeg

89 is not a bad result in the current situation. The main thing ins that you able to find them in trees etc not interested in feeding but we all know that they have to feed at some point, it’s just when. When I phoned you on Friday about the field close to me I returned two hours later and it was still devoid of birds, they had just lifted and left. So you were lucky that yours returned.

The buds situation is starting break so that will throw another spanner in the works!!!