Joshua v Franklin

Gordon R

20 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Fury has lost a great  deal of his. Fan base. With these. Stupid. Childish games. .

I don't see Fury losing any of his fan base, half the problems with boxing is all the rubbish that goes on in the build up and the making the deals, I personally ignore most of it, and like many others just look forward to the fighting. 

I don't see anyone out there who can handle Fury in the ring.

It might be a reflection of the current state of heavyweight boxing, but Fury is the best out there by a distance. 

He doesn't have a sculpted body, but has fast hands, light on his feet (even more so given his bulk), decent puncher and a decent chin. Been knocked down, but always gets up. You can't say that about many of the pretenders. 

Usyk - good technical boxer, but not sure he would get back up. Joshua had him wobbling. 

Dubois - not a brilliant chin.

Joyce - allegedly has a granite chin, but stopped as an amateur by Joshua, Hamza Beguerni and Sergey Kuzmen.

Ruiz - decent puncher, but little else.

Wilder - has a great punch and a decent chin, but Fury has beaten him three times already.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

It might be a reflection of the current state of heavyweight boxing, but Fury is the best out there by a distance. 

He doesn't have a sculpted body, but has fast hands, light on his feet (even more so given his bulk), decent puncher and a decent chin. Been knocked down, but always gets up. You can't say that about many of the pretenders. 

Usyk - good technical boxer, but not sure he would get back up. Joshua had him wobbling. 

Dubois - not a brilliant chin.

Joyce - allegedly has a granite chin, but stopped as an amateur by Joshua, Hamza Beguerni and Sergey Kuzmen.

Ruiz - decent puncher, but little else.

Wilder - has a great punch and a decent chin, but Fury has beaten him three times already.

On the money with this assessment Gordon. The only thing I'd add is that Usyk isn't a natural heavyweight, he would have been 20-30 years ago, which is testament to just how good he is, if he had the physicality of a heavyweight, I think he'd almost certainly be the top contender rather than fury. 

I'd really enjoy some big fights getting made, the talent out there at the moment is great, the biggest problem with the sport is the lack of fights made due to promoters afraid to see their fighters lose and belt organisations preventing their belts being amassed by a single boxer.