Lewis lost out!

Oly

Sorry to see, he's had a bad run over the last two races both of which weren't really his fault :lol: ...but at least Alonso was beaten to it by Raikkonen! :good:

As I said at the beginning of the season...Lewis is IMO by far the best racer we have seen...bring on next year! :good:

I read somewhere that his current salary at Maclaren is around 340 grand,which is said to rise to 10 million next season, poor ******

I know what your saying, it is a hideous amount of money...but you do get the feeling that he would do it even if they weren't paying him...but at the same time he's no mug!

i feel sorry for him, he deserved this, equally though the mistake he made trying to overtake alonso on the 3rd or so corner was that of someone not quite at the level of say schumacher at his peak. Had he not tried to overtake then he would have been sitting in a potentially championship winning position, even with the gearbox issue he would have dropped less places.

Not saying any of the current drivers are any better, alonso over this season has shown a complete inability to control his emotions.

But he didnt do badly considering its his first season in a very different championship than he is used to.

Personally i dont mind him getting 10million a year, he deserves it alot more than 99% of sportsmen i can think of. He seems like an honest straight up guy.

well done to him anyway, he drove a great come back, would like to see any of his critics do half as well.

Believe me, I wasn't hinting that he doesnt deserve that sort of money, I would say thats a fair amount for someone to get into a car and drive it at those speeds knowing that u may well go the same way as Senna and many others that have perished at the wheel of an F1 car, if they made it 15 might give it a crack myself though :good:

Something isnt right with this. His race two weeks back ended on worn tyres, I mean come on, McClaren arent new to this, how the hell did they forget the tyres. Now all of a sudden Lewis has problems with his transmssion then sets the fastest laps??? Listening to Bernie Ecclestones comments on how Lewis should not win...I get the impression the whole things been orchestrated from the start. Am I the only one thinking this?

I can just imagine Kimi's face if McClarens appeal against Sauber and Williams gets passed.

Axe,

I agree entirely, the main man who pulls the strings says he wants Raikonnen to win and then low and behold he does, and Hamilton is only just far enough back not to make a difference. Why isn't the fuel irregularity being investigated fully?

Put Hamilton back about 15 places and it makes for an exciting race while he goes through the field. After all he is about the only driver who knows that you are actually allowed to overtake during the race.

Boys have none of you realised that the whole thing is orchastrated, and has been for some time. The FIA is mostly made up of Ferrei bods and as for Ecclestone saying he wanted Alonso (Not Raikkonen) to win it just before the race, that just goes to show that Bernie's in it for the money and nothing else.

The fuel irregularities won't be investigated fully as I bet a deal was made when the whole Mclaren/Ferrai thing got settled. As for the poor overtaking manouvre at the start if the computer on baord wasn't functioning properly as they said then he probably didn't have the power to compete into the corner and through the chicane.

F! has been boring for a number of years, infact right the way back since Prost, Senna and Mansell were Racing. They should just stop racing and think of something more entertaining. Its like watching WWF, you know who will win before it even starts.

SS

I'm inclined to agree with Suffollk Shooter. Face it, if Hamilton had won on his first season, there would be nothing for new people to compete for. It would be a done deal.

I appreciate that F1 is a great place to trial new technology that _might_ make it to production cars, but it's boring as hell and, no matter how well a driver does, just does nto interest me in the slightest.

I think thats a little unfair. Hamilton may be be new to F1 but he's no rookie, not forgetting he won the GP2 Wold Championship last year. Considering that he is new to F1, I think he shown his worth. He's been able to compete, hold off and beat the worlds best, for that I take my hat to him.

Thats not to take anything away from Kimi though, he drove his heart out too. The man with egg on his face surely has to be Alonso. After all, he's behaved like a child and now doesnt have a drive for next year (for now anyway), how gutted must he be feeling.

Edited by Axe