Fox about..saving face

grasshopper

Had our boundary day on sat and as i predicted in 1 of the woods a fox showed up :lol:??? knew this as when out lamping last sat night,we walked right onto it with guns on our shoulders and sheep in the way when 2 possible shots presented themself :good: turned out to be a dead ewe the farmers thought each other had cleared.Went back next night but nothing showed,even though we waited for 3 hours :lol: a day too late as the carcass was picked clean.

Set up my new leupy scope onto the .22 250 and zeroed today.Was a little late finishing as i had 2 pens to feed around 1st.It was dark when i finished and the eye relief isn,t quite right for the NV.Up onto the bales to wait and watch.Nothing showing so tried my new Foxpro caller,after about 15 mins i spot a fox coming up the field,but hugging the tree line.Lost him for about 2 mins then pick out a pair of eyes,still on the tree line.It,s looking straight at where the sound is coming from but won,t enter the field.As the eye relief ain,t tuned fully yet i,m not seeing it clear enough so if in doubt don,t shoot..i didn,t and couldn,t tempt it out of the wood :lol:

Gave it half an hour,then tried again....nothing :( so i switched off the caller,gave it 10 mins and used a hand call.Had a fox 70yds away within 2 mins.Tell me again why i spent hundreds of £,s on the Foxpro caller :lol::D attached the NV aimed and that familiar sound came back. :good: Side on chest shot.

SS100107.jpg

Nice little Vixen.Had to get her after the ribbing i got off the shoot B)

GH

so i switched off the caller,gave it 10 mins and used a hand call.Had a fox 70yds away within 2 mins.

GH

Excellent stuff gh your a handy man to have round a shoot with a setup like that :good: Sometimes the hand call works the best plus it gives you a bit of control over the fox when its in range :blink:

well done grasshopper :good: how much is the foxpro caller?

Cheers for the replies fellas :blink: Connor the caller is the FX5,i also got a padded carrying case,8 rechargable batteries and a charger.Came to just under £500 with the import duty :good: The caller alone to buy from Shootingbags (foxpro dealer in uk)is £550.

Got a Jack in the box decoy already,so am going to try a few mornings when the clocks go back,as it works off the remote control so could be interesting.

GH

Cheers for the replies fellas :good: Connor the caller is the FX5,i also got a padded carrying case,8 rechargable batteries and a charger.Came to just under £500 with the import duty :oops: The caller alone to buy from Shootingbags (foxpro dealer in uk)is £550.

Got a Jack in the box decoy already,so am going to try a few mornings when the clocks go back,as it works off the remote control so could be interesting.

GH

Cant wait to hear how you get on with the caller and decoy combo :yes: