A-tec moderator clean inside required?

Agriv8

I could not decide where this should go but as the mod is on an air rifle decided in here was best

Now the label says I have invalidated my warranty as this is second hand and been somewhat used I won’t loose any sleep!

so the mod has gone on a .22 sub 12 bsa ultra- but can also be used on .22 lr from the Googling I have done and I suspect that was it’s job in a previous life !

Temped to give it a good clean but thought I would reach out to you air gun chaps first as a bit of muck may actually help I guess ?

31F1A926-79FD-4357-89A8-87C7EFFF5F2C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I would clean the crud off with a wire brush including the threads and a spray of oil so it all goes back together, do the baffels come out ??

That’s as far a dis-assembly goes by the looks of it - the grime appears to be residual and not cooked / burned on ?

was thinking wipe lightly wipe over the repeat with gun cleaner and re assemble with light coat of bisley graphite oil / gun lubricant on threads and o rings

Agriv8 

Edited by Agriv8

I have a sealed unit 22cal A-Tec Wave, I added some degreaser and fairy in a basin, soaked it for a while then fired it into an ultrasonic cleaner with the same solution. Came out clean, few 100 17HMR rounds through it at that stage. Same with the Wildcat centrefire Moderator also.

• 11 months later...