Now thats fast shootin' boy

Minimum barrel length for an FAC shotgun is 24" like with section 2 (SGC) shotguns, and in addition with FAC shotguns there is also a minimum overall length of 40", so 22" with an 8 shot mag would be section 5 (prohibited) I'm afraid :yp: . However, a 22" with a mag capacity of 2 or less would be legal on a FAC (NOT SGC), and it would be classed as a short barreled shotgun, but it would be even harder to justify this than for a normal hi-cap FAC shotgun, so its not worth it.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Lurcherboyboy said " Red Stag, its an automatic so by definition its faster than a pump." Weel noo.....when I was working in the States I had a chum called Rob Renken, a lovely bloke who was a Viet Nam veteran. He served in the US Marines (a lootenant!) and used a Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge pump as his battlefield weapon.

Obviously I never saw him in real action, but I did see him shoot clays with a similar gun. Quick wasn't the word for it. I saw him work the pump slide of an (admittedly tired) pump gun so fast that his pumping action was quicker than the spring that shuffled the new rounds out of the magazine. In other words, the gun was slower than him, and couldn't get the fresh rounds into the chamber in time.

An auto may well be a very rapid piece of kit, but if your life depends on it don't bet against a pump gun in the hands of an expert. Rob came home in one piece, but I have no confidence in the longevity of of Charlie Cong whom he bumped.

Eug

• 3 weeks later...

pump verses auto ,you guys would love to see a guy called tom knap,he shoots mainly trick shots in the states, i had the pleasure of watching him here in canada ,he hand throws 5 clay targets airborn starting at the top he shoots all prior to landing, he holds the world record for hand thrown targets shot

:lol: """"" 9"""""" with a bennelli auto,,,,,, :lol:

i cant even hold 5 :lol: let alone throw for seperation ,,long live trick shooters

martin