Mayor of London tory candidate eliminated?

Vince Green

On 28/06/2023 at 23:43, Gordon R said:

I recall reading that there are a number of others with similar complaints about him. Not sure why her allegation is very hard to believe. 

Because it's 10 years and no evidence, her word against his after 10 years. Flipping the last sentence you wrote - How is that easy to believe 

There is evidence, as provided by the woman concerned. Whether it is compelling is another matter.

What about the other women? Is she lying about them?

Only the two of them know what really happened on the occasion in question. My problem is that posters - without knowing anything about either of the two parties involved - are prepared to believe him rather than her. She is not stupid, she would have already known that her word would be questioned and mud thrown, but she has stood up and is prepared to stand the legal consequences.

I don't see him suing her. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

There is evidence, as provided by the woman concerned. Whether it is compelling is another matter.

What about the other women? Is she lying about them?

Only the two of them know what really happened on the occasion in question. My problem is that posters - without knowing anything about either of the two parties involved - are prepared to believe him rather than her. She is not stupid, she would have already known that her word would be questioned and mud thrown, but she has stood up and is prepared to stand the legal consequences.

I don't see him suing her. 

Unfortunately 10 yes on it's a her word Vs his. Unless there is a recording of said incident.. others in office agreeing with either side mean nothing..  anyone can say "I saw it" or " it never happened" without even knowing or seeing the alleged incident 

And yes you are right people will have opinions on here that differ. Be boring if everyone thought the same. 

I have mixed feelings about it. If she is telling the truth, she has every right to make it public, although I agree with those who asked why she left it ten years. It weakens her case in my book. 

I am of the opinion that she did an Ulrika Johnson - who claimed to have been raped, but left others to guess the identity of her attacker. I think she knew that would be career over for someone and I suspect that is the intention here.

Revenge is a dish best served cold springs to mind.