Paying up a National Insurance stamp for a full pension

Weihrauch17

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Could he not call inland revenue and make a payment with a card?

It is extremely difficult to get through to HMRC by telephone.  I struggled a few years ago and I'm told it is even harder now.  There is a queuing system, but you often get cut off before you get through to anyone.  It can take hours.

I found (in contrast) DWP much easier to contact, but I think it will need to be HMRC to make a payment.  I am not sure if you can pay by card. 

18 hours ago, redleg in kale said:

HI Lloyd, DEPARTMENT FOR WORK  AND PENSIONS , by letter and phone call , after phoning them several times over a 3month period for an explanation about my state pension reduced payments, my school leaving age was 15yrs , and from 15 yrs to 21yrs i had few jobs then at 21yrs i was empolyed by my last employer for 36yrs , for 43yrs i have never been unemployed and paid all my dues ie NICS. i have a deduction of £55.46p for contracted out deductions, +post2016 rules because i was made redundant at 58 and did not make any NICS payments from 2014 upto 2022 ihad a shortfall years , so my payment state pension is £651.48 p paid every 4wks so a good shortfall in payment,it is a complete minefield , if you would like to P M me with mob number i ii whats app some phots of the letters explaining the reduced payments , hope you can make sense of this ,

No need to send them to me mate, just shocked you had that experience. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

So frustrating. Could he not call inland revenue and make a payment with a card? 

My wife will soon be in the same boat. She has finished work this year and will want to buy additional years upto retirement age (around 20 additional years). 

Sadly not. The instructions / procedures letter gave their bank codes etc and paying in reference. Something to be aware

of when your wife jumps through these hoops?