Leigh wood vs josh warrington

Stephen-H

4 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Good fight coming up what are peoples thoughts on the outcome? Leigh wood seems to be the bookies favourite.

Yeah I'd say its 60/40 in Wood's favour.

Both smashed by Lara although Wood got the win in the rematch against what seemed a shell of the Lara from the other bout's. Wood carries the power and Warrington the speed and work rate and is probably the better boxer of the two. 

That said has Warrington been the same since the heavy knockout by Lara..? Wood seems able to absorb more punishment despite the heavy knockdown by Lara, he regrouped and came back solid.

Warrington to start fast but a fair chance Wood will sleep him in the later rounds.

Woods for me.

It should make a good fight have just watched back a few of there last fights with other opponents I agree warrington hasn't been the same since that k.o loss to lara.

Can't call a winner on this one warrington is 6/1 for a k.o, t.k.o victory with the bookies so good returns if he can do it. I think if warrington loses this one he should call it a day had some good fights but looks to be taking its toll on him now. 

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

It will depend if Warrington does his usual headbut cheating or not, if it's a fair fight I would say Woods to win.

I agree he is a dirty fighter with the chin tucked in leading in with the head style he has. That 6/1 odd is tempting tho the wood vs conlon fight conlon had leigh wood down in the first with the fast out the gate aggressive approach which is what warrington has done most of his fights. Can't decide who to go with or if I should put a bet 🤔

On 04/10/2023 at 14:56, SuperGoose75 said:

Both smashed by Lara although Wood got the win in the rematch against what seemed a shell of the Lara from the other bout's. Wood carries the power and Warrington the speed and work rate and is probably the better boxer of the two. 

That said has Warrington been the same since the heavy knockout by Lara..? Wood seems able to absorb more punishment despite the heavy knockdown by Lara, he regrouped and came back solid.

Warrington to start fast but a fair chance Wood will sleep him in the later rounds.

Woods for me.

Screenshot_20231007_230313_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231007_230358_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231007_230408_Gallery.jpg

On 04/10/2023 at 14:56, SuperGoose75 said:

Woods for me.

Spot on with your prediction! Going to watch the fight on YouTube at some point today. Think it's time for warrington to hang the gloves up on a brillant career? 

4 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Spot on with your prediction! Going to watch the fight on YouTube at some point today. Think it's time for warrington to hang the gloves up on a brillant career? 

I think there could be a fight or two left in Warrington yet! Obviously age is against him but he was looking very sharp last night up until the stoppage. Warrington is still a big threat at FW. He upsett the odds against Lee Selby ''Although Selby was weight drained'' and also v Frampton. The Lara fights,the war with an old Kiko Martinez and the heavy handed Lopez seemed to have taken their toll. It seems to be once a fighter suffers a heavy knock out, their punch resistance seems to never be the same.  There would be no shame in hanging up the gloves, but maybe he feels there is more he can do.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

An accurate assessment. Well done.

To be honest I had a fair idea Warrington would go out and start very quickly, and I thought Wood would be able to soak up whatever Warrington had to give. But I did not think Warrington would have been as dominant as he was up until the stoppage. Wood looked very slow and pedestrian and his timing was way off ''clearly looked as the weight cut had took too much out of him..! I thought it would have went similar to the Mick Conlon fight, but clearly Wood  was feeling Warrington's punches and Warrington was whipping in some wicked body shots. But that's the thing with heavy handed fighters, they only need one or two openings and that is what we saw last night again.

Edited by SuperGoose75