Anyone got a Sako TRG 22?

Dirty Harry

I want to get a rifle for long range target shooting and for stalking in the future.

I want a .308 for the cheeper ammo and from whet I am told it would suit both of my needs.

I like the Sako TRG 22 and have used a TRG42 in .338 Lapua Mag. The .338 ammo is a bit pricey so the TRG42 is out.

Has anyone got a TRG22 and what do they think of it?

Tinternet reviews seem to rate it well.

Also what type of scope would you recomend for long range target work?

Cheers

Harry

I have used a TRG 22 on a couple of occasions and in my somewhat limited experience it is the dogs danglies. My 14 year old daughter was picking off the 800m figure 11 targets on a sniper range with one. I'm not sure I would like to carry one around all day stalking though!! It is a serious bit of kit though, seemed very well put together and feels like quality.

Drovers on here has one in .308 DH.

I have had a very quick shoot of it and it seems fairly awesome, drop him a PM for a more detailed report.

I am not saying he likes it, but they have been seen going off to bed together ???

I was using it today, lovely gun! The time he took cleaning it afterwards was quite a shock, maybe he didn't want it getting his pillow dirty later :lol:

EDIT.....I must add, it would be a real beast to carry across a Scottish hill! If stalking is going to be regular, I'd seriously suggest something a little lighter.