DECOYS

marmite

35 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I wouldn't bother to be honest.

They may be more visible, but would take up more room when carrying.

Hi  Paul   A bit like , how long is a length of string ? , is it better to put out four decoys for whatever birds you are decoying can see , or put six out that would take the same amount of room when carrying that the birds have a job to see , or less likely to see in fading light ? 

I don't like admitting, that the Americans are better duck and geese decoyers than we are , part of it is the effort they put into decoying with the vast numbers they put out and the quality of the decoys they use , just about every decoy the use are slightly bigger than the bird they are decoying , one d v d I watched where the person shooting the geese was sitting in a giant goose decoy which might be over doing it a bit , I no longer decoy wildfowl but when I did I found Wigeon and Mallard decoys would work on most species of duck including Teal , as for geese , I have never decoyed one in my life and I have got no intention on doing so as the odd one I get now is more than enough .    MM

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Hi  Paul   A bit like , how long is a length of string ? , is it better to put out four decoys for whatever birds you are decoying can see , or put six out that would take the same amount of room when carrying that the birds have a job to see , or less likely to see in fading light ? 

I don't like admitting, that the Americans are better duck and geese decoyers than we are , part of it is the effort they put into decoying with the vast numbers they put out and the quality of the decoys they use , just about every decoy the use are slightly bigger than the bird they are decoying , one d v d I watched where the person shooting the geese was sitting in a giant goose decoy which might be over doing it a bit , I no longer decoy wildfowl but when I did I found Wigeon and Mallard decoys would work on most species of duck including Teal , as for geese , I have never decoyed one in my life and I have got no intention on doing so as the odd one I get now is more than enough .    MM

The first step is admitting you have a problem 🤣

75 floating duck (mallard, wigeon, teal and pintail). 6 full body field mallard. 4 floating geese (greylag and canada). 24 full body geese (12 each, greylag & canada) and Gerald.

Mostly Avery, Avian X and DK Wai with a few Decathlon and Flambeau.

IMG_2839.jpeg

Edited by Penelope