Kof zenith

Bradvinnie17

On 04/12/2023 at 07:05, Scully said:

It won’t even be mentioned. 👍

Sadly, I wouldn't be too sure about that. I had my SGC interview with South Wales Police and they must have scoured my records to find something to bring up. It was a slight telling off from a local bobby that I had when I was around 12 years old. I would never of thought that it would be logged as the plod only stuck his head out of a car window to shout at me as I climbed a school fence to retrieve a football. FAO described it as an ASB incident that I hadn't declared. Nothing ever came of it once we had laughed it off but it just goes to show what they may have on you. 

They'll almost certainly discuss it in the interview but If the OP has declared it and is able to admit that they were just the usual childhood misdemeanors that we all do during our formative years and that he's since grown into a well rounded and respectful member of society then there shouldn't be an issue. There are certainly people out there with tickets who have more than the usual teenage anti social behavior on the their records. 

Op. If you are based anywhere in the Swansea valleys, there is a shooting coach based in Coelbren who uses a selection of ATAs, KOFs etc as a tuition guns. May be worth contacting him for a lesson or two so you can try the guns out and find out if they suit you. They have a hard life firing thousands of rounds between sporadic cleaning and they seem to hold up well enough. He's a good coach for bringing on new shooters into the sport, very patient and will point you in the right direction safety and etiquette wise. He's a well known coach with SWP and Powys police so he's good to name drop in your interview.  

5 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Sadly, I wouldn't be too sure about that. I had my SGC interview with South Wales Police and they must have scoured my records to find something to bring up. It was a slight telling off from a local bobby that I had when I was around 12 years old. I would never of thought that it would be logged as the plod only stuck his head out of a car window to shout at me as I climbed a school fence to retrieve a football. FAO described it as an ASB incident that I hadn't declared. Nothing ever came of it once we had laughed it off but it just goes to show what they may have on you. 

They'll almost certainly discuss it in the interview but If the OP has declared it and is able to admit that they were just the usual childhood misdemeanors that we all do during our formative years and that he's since grown into a well rounded and respectful member of society then there shouldn't be an issue. There are certainly people out there with tickets who have more than the usual teenage anti social behavior on the their records. 

I think your FEO was just trying to scare you; I know gun owners with records of assault!
Whatever, it won’t affect the OP’s suitability for a SGC. 
I know times have changed of course, but when I applied for my first FAC ( for handguns ) long before I had a SGC, I went to HQ to ask to see my record of a misspent youth; they couldn’t find anything, and all I had to declare was a driving incident when I was 18. 

32 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think your FEO was just trying to scare you; I know gun owners with records of assault!
Whatever, it won’t affect the OP’s suitability for a SGC. 
I know times have changed of course, but when I applied for my first FAC ( for handguns ) long before I had a SGC, I went to HQ to ask to see my record of a misspent youth; they couldn’t find anything, and all I had to declare was a driving incident when I was 18. 

I've no doubt the OP will be fine but I wouldn't discount them discussing each and every piece that they can find. It's how you respond that counts I suppose. 

My FAO was actually quite amused by it which surprised me as she had zero sense of humor about anything else and was completely serious and professional for the whole interview. She even refused a hot drink. 

On 03/12/2023 at 21:52, Scully said:

Fair enough, but I doubt they’ll even show up on record. 
I wouldn’t worry too much there are loads of firearms owners out there with criminal records. Nothing too serious obviously, but criminal convictions nonetheless. 

Mental news yesterday mate, feo contacted my mate and.fast tracked him they offered him to be part of a BBC doc to do with firearms etc, we both applied 3 weeks ago they started processing his now. I think I'm gonna buy a £150 Baikal and.put it on his ticket until I get mine in 2 years 😂

On 05/12/2023 at 09:47, Poor Shot said:

Op. If you are based anywhere in the Swansea valleys, there is a shooting coach based in Coelbren who uses a selection of ATAs, KOFs etc as a tuition guns. May be worth contacting him for a lesson or two so you can try the guns out and find out if they suit you. They have a hard life firing thousands of rounds between sporadic cleaning and they seem to hold up well enough. He's a good coach for bringing on new shooters into the sport, very patient and will point you in the right direction safety and etiquette wise. He's a well known coach with SWP and Powys police so he's good to name drop in your interview.  

Hi mate, Swansea valleys not that far away from me, drop me a pm for more details if be interested in having a lesson with him be good to try out those Turkish guns aswell see how I get on with them