Paintmine Woods

Scully

Had a run down to this ground this morning, and was pleasantly surprised. 
A good little ground tucked away just off the foreshore in amongst a well established Hazel wooded hillside. 
Cosy clubhouse with a wood burner, his and hers plumbed in toilets and a coffee machine. Covered seating area for more clement weather…..the sun actually shone! 
Pay as you go sockets and pay by card facilities and friendly staff. What more could you want? 
There is quite a discernible gap between the shot and the ‘B’ bird breaking on the FITASC! 
Good little ground, will be back. 👍

Edited by Scully
Spelling

I wasn’t aware Malmo had a shooting ground! Just googled Malmo shooting ground and found three in Sweden! 😄

Nothing for Foxholes either? 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow, perhaps the layout has changed at Paintmine; there was a hill, but I can’t say it even registered as a hill! Past trap 6 and beyond? 

We usually go to Malmo to stock up on cartridges,  then on to Paintmine to use some of the said cartridges. Unless things have altered, after stand 1, which is on the same level as the clubhouse, there is quite a stiff climb to the remaining stands. We were offered a lift on the quad bike, but we declined. As one of our group is 87, one has knackered knees and the other is living with cancer, it was a 'stiff climb'. Yours truly ended up with 2 guns and 2 bags of ammo too   😊

15 minutes ago, Westley said:

We usually go to Malmo to stock up on cartridges,  then on to Paintmine to use some of the said cartridges. Unless things have altered, after stand 1, which is on the same level as the clubhouse, there is quite a stiff climb to the remaining stands. We were offered a lift on the quad bike, but we declined. As one of our group is 87, one has knackered knees and the other is living with cancer, it was a 'stiff climb'. Yours truly ended up with 2 guns and 2 bags of ammo too   😊

Ah, with you! 👍

Yes, it’s still the same then. It was all uphill, I just didn’t think it was that bad, but under the circumstances you describe I can see how you’d find it a bit steep! 👍

The return journey is a doddle! 
There were a few testers, but nothing untoward ( that doesn’t mean I straighted it ) but you could make it much trickier by shooting them as SIMS. Looking forward to a return trip. 
We had a good chill out, and both tried out mates new ( to him ) Miroku…..bought at Malmo incidentally. 

2 hours ago, BlaserF3 said:

When I visit Paintmines Booths at Carnforth sells good food, either sit in or to take it out.

It's about 70 yards from the traffic lights at the cross roads.

It's not a bad shoot to be honest, something for every body. 

Yeah, saw Booths on the way! Good to know; we had a **** breakfast at Tebay! 🤢

Hadnt been to Carnforth for years!