DTL

Hello, when i was in Oxford CPC i use to like shooting DTL, i did have a go over the Brize Norton gun club a few years back, but a voice said, Must Do Better😄, This club is well worth a visit and not to expensive, food and cartridges and nice club house, located OX 29 9 SS , Opens Febuary 4th

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

32 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Crynant shooting ground has DTL among most other disciplines,Open Wednesday,Saturday and Sunday. £9 per 25 clays. Nice clubhouse and facilities. Chris Hughes runs it.

That not too far from me that mate, do you shoot down there?

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, when i was in Oxford CPC i use to like shooting DTL, i did have a go over the Brize Norton gun club a few years back, but a voice said, Must Do Better😄, This club is well worth a visit and not to expensive, food and cartridges and nice club house, located OX 29 9 SS , Opens Febuary $th

Thanks mate too far for me to go looking for somewhrre quite close 

2 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

I go to Crynant occasionally,but usually shoot Skeet or Sporting not done DTL for many years.Contact Chris for details,and they can hire a gun too if needed under supervision I believe.

Il have to go with my mate still waiting on my licence think it's going to be a long wait too, where do you go now? Im patiently waiting buy can't stop looking at guns 😂

May I suggest for your first attempt at DTL, ask the ground if they could lock the Trap in the straight ahead position. You then start on the centre peg, moving left and right of centre, as you improve. It is just something I used to do for beginners, when I ran a shooting ground. It is only a case of flicking off a switch. It really does help with your 'start' position, with your gun hold. It IS a concentration game though.