stevens

viking

hi guys, my dad found one of his old guns in the loft the other day,he used to have 2 hanging up from the beams in the front fomm years ago but had to take them down, one was a side by side thats missing and the other is a single barrel stevens shotgun, so i was wondering if it was worth anything, if not i will use it my self, not sure how old it is but think he has had it for about 30 years, probably not used it for 20, if i was to use it will it need to be checked out first,

thanks, lee

Found them??? one still missing? are they still guns are are they deactivated?? Why arn't they registered on a SGC? And for gods sake no! don't fire any thing through it!! If they are classed as antique you might get away without having them on a SGC but they would have to be over 100 years old and possibly obselete calibre or something.

Personally I would hang it on your bedroom wall where it looks nice and tell no one! unless you fancy a heap of the boys in blue asking you why you have an un-registered shotgun in your posession and where it came from, oh and then mention that you had 2 but misplaced one :good:

PS don't bend down to pick up the soap in the showers......when your in the local nick that is :good::sick::sick::sick::sick::yay:

he has just remembered he gave the other to his brother 20 or so years ago, this was all back in the day when you didnt need a sgc, or at least i dont think you did, guess he just forgot it was there untill i dug it out, , could i just put it on my sgc?:good:?:good:?:sick:??

he has just remembered he gave the other to his brother 20 or so years ago, this was all back in the day when you didnt need a sgc, or at least i dont think you did, guess he just forgot it was there untill i dug it out, , could i just put it on my sgc?:lol:?:lol:?:lol:??

You have needed a SGC of some sort since @ 1968.

Take it to a RFD that you know and explain the situation; that you have found it in the attic etc. If he is OK with it then you can hand it in to him without any questions asked. He can then transfer it back onto your ticket for a nominal fee. ???

G.M.

it could be that your partner, who held a certificate for the gun, has died suddenly or a member of your family who held a certificate has died. Do not panic, contact the Firearms Licensing Department as soon as possible and they will arrange for a Temporary Permit to be issued to enable you to legally dispose of the gun(s) or to place them in storage, either with a gun shop or with someone who has a certificate, pending your application for a certificate.

So this also applies if you find one in the attic, the usual advice is call us and we will send out a firearms team to make it safe but if you already have a licence just give the dept a call on Monday,

If you come under West Yorks (which im sure you do) give them a call 0845 6060606 ask for the Firearms Licensing Section.

I wouldnt worry about getting locked up as long as you inform them ASAP as you are declaring them.

If in Doubt give BASC a call at least you have a trail and support if something goes a bit west.