Air-Pro flocked decoys with spinning wings

Bobba

Has anyone used these and how do you rate them?
Also, I’ve I’ve seen crow hyper flaps for bouncer poles, but they seem to have unduly / unrealistically large wingspan.

advice on either would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Bobba

I've used the flocked decoys, although they were not made by Air-Pro, but exactly the same. They worked well, especially if there was a breeze together with the breeze created by the rota. I've also used the large Crow decoys with foam wings. They are good for when Crows are out at a distance and they are drawn into the other decoys. 

I have no idea about the decoys that you mention but I was given a sort of flying decoy with rotary wings to try out which was semi ok.. BUT.  it had to have a fair blow to keep it up.  It needed a strong constant wind because once down on the ground it was game over. I couldn't just tug the string and fly it off of the ground. I  had to get out of the hide go and retrieve it then stand out there waiting for the wind to get up again and relaunch it..  get back to the hide and the wind would die down and it was either a series of failed flights or dragit off the field. If it was winter or a cold day you would be likely to suffer from hypothermia with the amount  of wind needed to keep it off of the ground and when it did have enough wind to keep it up,  it was very erratic and all over the place.  Not a steady flight at all.  I tried it a couple of times but it wasn't any use at all , AND I  don't think that it was cheap either.

13 minutes ago, Minky said:

I have no idea about the decoys that you mention but I was given a sort of flying decoy with rotary wings to try out which was semi ok.. BUT.  it had to have a fair blow to keep it up.  It needed a strong constant wind because once down on the ground it was game over. I couldn't just tug the string and fly it off of the ground. I  had to get out of the hide go and retrieve it then stand out there waiting for the wind to get up again and relaunch it..  get back to the hide and the wind would die down and it was either a series of failed flights or dragit off the field. If it was winter or a cold day you would be likely to suffer from hypothermia with the amount  of wind needed to keep it off of the ground and when it did have enough wind to keep it up,  it was very erratic and all over the place.  Not a steady flight at all.  I tried it a couple of times but it wasn't any use at all , AND I  don't think that it was cheap either.

The ones I mentioned are full bodied and have a metal bar going through them with curved wings attached. The curves in the wings generate the spin. They can be placed on a bouncer, providing there's enough breeze/wind, but I've used them on my rota. I've just checked online and mine are identical to the air pro ones you mentioned. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

• 1 month later...