Homecoming parade

Bagsy

Pass the word to anyone who can attend....

ROYAL ANGLIAN HOMECOMING PARADES

The 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as the Vikings, have just returned from a 6 month operational tour in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. This magnificent fighting Battalion, representing the very best of East Anglia, has been taking the battle to the Taliban in arguably the most intensive war fighting campaign for over 50 years. Tragically, 9 of these brave young men have been killed in action in the service of their Country; many more have been wounded, some grievously.

The Head of the British Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt, is increasingly concerned about the growing gulf between the Army and the Nation. He has contrasted the outstanding appreciation that America gives to its armed forces with that of the UK, where we still have people objecting to a home for our wounded soldiers’ families. He has wondered how many local Battalions will be given homecoming parades when they return from operations.

Between 2.00 and 3.15 pm on 22 November, the Vikings have been invited to exercise their Freedom to march through Norwich with their drums beating, bands playing, colours flying and bayonets fixed. On the 23 November, between 11.30 am and 12.45pm, they have been invited to exercise the same Freedom in Bury St Edmunds.

Lt Col Stuart Carver, the Commanding Officer of the Vikings, has asked for a public show of support to demonstrate to our young soldiers that people at home understand and appreciate the sacrifices they have made. He would like to think that General Dannatt has nothing to fear – in East Anglia anyway.

Pass the word to anyone who can attend....

ROYAL ANGLIAN HOMECOMING PARADES

The 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as the Vikings, have just returned from a 6 month operational tour in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. This magnificent fighting Battalion, representing the very best of East Anglia, has been taking the battle to the Taliban in arguably the most intensive war fighting campaign for over 50 years. Tragically, 9 of these brave young men have been killed in action in the service of their Country; many more have been wounded, some grievously.

The Head of the British Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt, is increasingly concerned about the growing gulf between the Army and the Nation. He has contrasted the outstanding appreciation that America gives to its armed forces with that of the UK, where we still have people objecting to a home for our wounded soldiers’ families. He has wondered how many local Battalions will be given homecoming parades when they return from operations.

Between 2.00 and 3.15 pm on 22 November, the Vikings have been invited to exercise their Freedom to march through Norwich with their drums beating, bands playing, colours flying and bayonets fixed. On the 23 November, between 11.30 am and 12.45pm, they have been invited to exercise the same Freedom in Bury St Edmunds.

Lt Col Stuart Carver, the Commanding Officer of the Vikings, has asked for a public show of support to demonstrate to our young soldiers that people at home understand and appreciate the sacrifices they have made. He would like to think that General Dannatt has nothing to fear – in East Anglia anyway.

How about the Essex mafia(and Anglians) get togehter on this one and organise a get together......support the boys and then go on the **** afterwards.....I'm up for it......anyone else. :good:

I'd be willing to get there for it, but as it's just a couple of days after I have my knee drilled, I am not sure that's going to be possible.

I'm really glad they are doing it though, just a little upset that they are doing Bury and not Ipswich. Must be the different views of the councils I guess.

Guest The Outlaw

"Wookie"

I'd be willing to get there for it, but as it's just a couple of days after I have my knee drilled, I am not sure that's going to be possible.

You should pay your debts on time :good: I hope the drilling goes well and you recover ok

I would certainly back the welcome home of any of our brave and patriotic lads its a shame the misguided loosers that slate them and what they are doing, and have done, cant see further than the end of thier noses and do the same.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all, it's been a busy couple of days.

Went up to Bury yesterday with 3Amp where we met up with a few of the lads. Parade was spot on and emotional and there was a good turnout - the lads have been back from Afghan a month now and just want to get on leave and who can blame them. Total loss to the battle group was 12 (including 9 Royal Anglians) against 1028 Terry Taliban KIA, top work lads!!

Watched the parade then went to Ipswich for the compulsory drink up with the boys - last train back home and the newly named Royal Anglian train rolled into the station to a chorus from us mob on the platform.

Got home at 1.30am, back up at 4.30 this morning for work :lol: had a mouth like a whores draws and felt like **** but managed to drag myself to work. Back home at 7pm and I'm cream crackered!!

All worth it though, we owe them a lot :good:

I have the respect of people in the army, but some of them seem to think they can do what they want, like my brother, he keeps on saying that us (civies) are worthless and that he is invincable and that he and others could go night clubbing and beat people up without getting into trouble.

Now I have been boxing for a couple of years now and the next time he mentions this I am going to ask him to get one of his mates in the army that does this and meet him in the ring. Then hopefully we get the respect that I give them when I win.

Now I applied for the army I was made for the army. I got turned down due to my histery of epilepsy. But I am going to get another brainscan, because I dont think I have it, because the last time I had a seizure was way back when I was a baby, I understand why they cant let anybody with epilepsy in, but I so want to join. I want to fight hand to hand combat.