Jump to content

BASC sponsorship scheme for competitive shooters is now open


Recommended Posts

The BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme supports young people keen to pursue competitive clay/target shooting, with the hope that one day they might represent their national team, or Team GB, in elite competition.

The BASC Legacy Sponsorship is open to UK citizens who are either current BASC members or have immediate family who are. While there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £3,000 a year. Up to two awards will be given each year.

The 2024 scheme is now accepting applications. 

https://basc.org.uk/basc-sponsorship-scheme-for-competitive-shooters-is-now-open/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2024 at 10:37, Conor O'Gorman said:

The BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme supports young people keen to pursue competitive clay/target shooting, with the hope that one day they might represent their national team, or Team GB, in elite competition.

The BASC Legacy Sponsorship is open to UK citizens who are either current BASC members or have immediate family who are. While there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £3,000 a year. Up to two awards will be given each year.

The 2024 scheme is now accepting applications. 

https://basc.org.uk/basc-sponsorship-scheme-for-competitive-shooters-is-now-open/

 

How young is young Conor?

Whats the age ranges?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@BobbyH I have checked and applicants should be 16 or over at the time of the proposed start of  their development according to the guidance notes. The application form is in the link below and if you have any queries before submitting please email sandra.forkin@basc.org.uk   

BASC Legacy Sponsorship - BASC

Edited by Conor O'Gorman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

£3000 should buy 100 Clays and cartridges a week for a year if they are lucky.  Not sure what top shots shoot in practice but I would assume a lot more than that.

Thanks, I will pass your feedback onto colleagues. Last year’s recipients were trap shooters Olivia Stevens and William Canter.

Olivia, 19, from Leicestershire, has been shooting, beating and working dogs with her dad from the age of six. She is now shooting for the England team, focusing on Down the Line, and has competed in Ireland and the European Championships. She said: “I am excited to gain this opportunity to work with BASC. I cannot wait to see what the future holds.”

William, 17, from Buckinghamshire has been shooting since the age of 12 and has already represented Great Britain in competitions in Italy and Finland. He is hoping one day to shoot at the Olympics. He said: “It’s a real honour to have secured this sponsorship opportunity with BASC. I’m really looking forward to sharing more about competitive shooting with your members.”

Click the link below for more on the BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme.

https://basc.org.uk/basc-sponsorship-scheme-for-competitive-shooters-is-now-open/

There is also the BASC Legacy Funded Scholarship which aims to support and encourage students wishing to develop their knowledge in conservation, land management or gamekeeping. It provides financial assistance to applicants where a lack of funding could obstruct education and future career paths. The programme is open to UK citizens, who are either currently a BASC member, or have immediate family who are and while there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £4,500 per year.

Click the link below for the recipients of funding since 2021.

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/bascs-legacy-scholarship-programme/previous-winners/

Funding for the above projects is via legacies. For more information on leaving a legacy to BASC click the link below.

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/leave-a-legacy/

There is also the new BASC Wildlife Fund David Gray Conservation Scholarship which has been designed to provide financial backing for students studying, or wishing to study, conservation-related or land management courses. The programme is open to UK citizens, who are either currently a BASC member, or have immediate family who are and while there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £4,500 per year. 

Click the link below for more information:

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/bascs-legacy-scholarship-programme/david-gray-conservation-scholarship-programme/

 

Edited by Conor O'Gorman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

Thanks, I will pass your feedback onto colleagues. Last year’s recipients were trap shooters Olivia Stevens and William Canter.

Olivia, 19, from Leicestershire, has been shooting, beating and working dogs with her dad from the age of six. She is now shooting for the England team, focusing on Down the Line, and has competed in Ireland and the European Championships. She said: “I am excited to gain this opportunity to work with BASC. I cannot wait to see what the future holds.”

William, 17, from Buckinghamshire has been shooting since the age of 12 and has already represented Great Britain in competitions in Italy and Finland. He is hoping one day to shoot at the Olympics. He said: “It’s a real honour to have secured this sponsorship opportunity with BASC. I’m really looking forward to sharing more about competitive shooting with your members.”

Click the link below for more on the BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme.

https://basc.org.uk/basc-sponsorship-scheme-for-competitive-shooters-is-now-open/ing?

There is also the BASC Legacy Funded Scholarship which aims to support and encourage students wishing to develop their knowledge in conservation, land management or gamekeeping. It provides financial assistance to applicants where a lack of funding could obstruct education and future career paths. The programme is open to UK citizens, who are either currently a BASC member, or have immediate family who are and while there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £4,500 per year.

Click the link below for the recipients of funding since 2021.

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/bascs-legacy-scholarship-programme/previous-winners/

Funding for the above projects is via legacies. For more information on leaving a legacy to BASC click the link below.

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/leave-a-legacy/

There is also the new BASC Wildlife Fund David Gray Conservation Scholarship which has been designed to provide financial backing for students studying, or wishing to study, conservation-related or land management courses. The programme is open to UK citizens, who are either currently a BASC member, or have immediate family who are and while there is no minimum award, the maximum award to an individual is £4,500 per year. 

Click the link below for more information:

https://basc.org.uk/support-us/bascs-legacy-scholarship-programme/david-gray-conservation-scholarship-programme/

 

So reading between the lines you sponsored two people who already has wealthy enough families to fund their Clay shooting aspirations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

So reading between the lines you sponsored two people who already has wealthy enough families to fund their Clay shooting aspirations?

I don't know the ins and outs of the application process. If you know of anyone that could benefit for the 2024 BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme could you make them aware of it and encourage an application as a fellow BASC member? Will you do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, London Best said:

I bet you are a Labour voter.

Never voted Labour in my life.  I was under the impression that sponsorship (like paid for Public school place scholarships) was there to help the disadvantaged not the advantaged.

Edited by Weihrauch17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

I don't know the ins and outs of the application process. If you know of anyone that could benefit for the 2024 BASC Legacy Sponsorship programme could you make them aware of it and encourage an application as a fellow BASC member? Will you do that?

I don't know anyone who could afford the balance from 3k to get to a National standard, must be many thousands upon thousands of Clays a year in practice.  I am not a member of BASC, not since the John Swift debacle as you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I was under the impression that sponsorship (like paid for Public school place scholarships) was there to help the disadvantaged not the advantaged.

The sponsorship is being offered to help those who show promise with the possibility of making a national team, not just to help some youngsters have a go at clay shooting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I don't know anyone who could afford the balance from 3k to get to a National standard, must be many thousands upon thousands of Clays a year in practice.  I am not a member of BASC, not since the John Swift debacle as you know.

I think last year's recipients will have been getting funding support from various sources including the governing shooting bodies and including various sponsorships.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...