22 wmr?

08shooter

guys just out of curiosity how many of you guys are still using 22 magnum.i was speaking to a bloke last night and he says they are outdated but still swears by it.

The 17hmr wrote the obituary for the 22wmr when it came out.

The 22wmr is very expensive for a pistol calibre round and the ammo is being stocked less and less. Why would anyone want to use it?

Jonno

ive both .17hmr and .22wmr and they both do have there uses...i dont know how people can say the ammo is expensive cause it aint i pay around £8 a box where as .17 is £12ish a box 50 yes it is noisy but i only use mine for fox so dont have silencer fitted ya only get 1 shot and if ya miss well you know what happens is say there probly just as noisy as a.17 without a mod fitted pros i can think of are ....bullets you can get 32 36 40 50 grain bullets from softnose to ballistic tips

....they carry alot more punch for short range fox compared to .17hmr if i remember right theres about 250ish ftlb at the muzzle on the.17 and 370ish for.22wmr.....the bullets are a lot harder and dont break up as easy...makes a right mess of rabbits compared to .17hmr so is a bit of overkill on rabbits just my opinion ......ive shot foxs out to about 130yards and dropped them stone dead with head and chest shots....the bullets arnt as flat as a.17hmr and theer is a big difference beetween all different grain bullets so its finding 1 that suits the shooter....17 is more forgiving if ya miss the bullets will break up where as a 40grain copper coated soft nose bullet are very hard and have the protential to do alot more damage to stuff.

ammo is easy to get ive neverhad a problem and theres plenty of different ammo you can get hope this helps....sparkie