Duck /Goose loads in 3"

I have a few loads but a few more with "modern components" is whats needed. I still hanker round nobel 82 and blue dot as thats what i grew up using --and using very well. But if folks have some 42g or even 36g loads using alternative powders and wads  i can put through my Greener Empire id be pleased. I prefer RTO btw.I done a few loads  a couple of seasons back  and they replicated loads id used back in the 80's but then started with the 20 bore and TSS so never got round to using them on the shore.RTO rounds feel so  much better through a traditional  double.

Edited by bishop

• 4 weeks later...

It's getting hold of the powder these days is the main problem. Try the manufacture's own web sites, such a Alliant they have a lot of loads for all gauges, shot type, wads etc.

I agree the old Noble 60 and 80 series of powder were easy to load and pretty good. 

• 3 weeks later...

Viht 3N38 is very, very similar to Blue dot. I tested a 3”, 35gram Steel #B load that is comfortably within magnum pressures and I’ve dropped it an extra 3 grains because the speed is much more than I need. I’m but sure where you are but I’d expect Viht to be a more accessible powder. Although C&G do have Vectan powders back in as well now.

if you get a line on some 3N38 send me a PM and I’ll copy you the data.