BASC firearms helpline email

I sent a query via email to the BASC firearms team earlier and I've just noticed I have a notification that the email is undeliverable.

I checked the email address, firearms@basc.org.uk, and all seems good, anyone else had a problem with this?

I'll ring them tomorrow if I have time, I just generally find email easier when I'm busy.

34 minutes ago, Windswept said:

I used the online form on their site this week and got a helpful reply on the same day.

Online form? I didn't see that, I just used the email address shown.

Having said that, their website is rubbish, there was a line somewhere that said that due to high demand they'd only answer firearms queries from members (I am one), I've no idea what page I saw that on because I can't find it now.

I think I'm going to have to call them.

12 hours ago, Wymondley said:

I sent a query via email to the BASC firearms team earlier and I've just noticed I have a notification that the email is undeliverable.

I checked the email address, firearms@basc.org.uk, and all seems good, anyone else had a problem with this?

I'll ring them tomorrow if I have time, I just generally find email easier when I'm busy.

I have tried emailing from my personal email address and it has not bounced. Indeed I have had a reply from one of the team. Perhaps you have mis spelt the email address? In any case please forward your notification to me at conor.ogorman@basc.org.uk and I can look into it. Also email me your query and I can pass it on.

10 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Online form? I didn't see that, I just used the email address shown.

Having said that, their website is rubbish, there was a line somewhere that said that due to high demand they'd only answer firearms queries from members (I am one), I've no idea what page I saw that on because I can't find it now.

I think I'm going to have to call them.

Here is the online contact form:

https://basc.org.uk/contact-us/

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

I have tried emailing from my personal email address and it has not bounced. Indeed I have had a reply from one of the team. Perhaps you have mis spelt the email address? In any case please forward your notification to me at conor.ogorman@basc.org.uk and I can look into it. Also email me your query and I can pass it on.

Hi Conor, I've forwarded the notification and original message.

The email address was copied/pasted from the BASC website.

Thanks for helping.

57 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Hi Conor, I've forwarded the notification and original message.

The email address was copied/pasted from the BASC website.

Thanks for helping.

Thanks, you were using firearms@orq.uk rather than firearms@org.uk which is our fault as I have found eight advisory webpages using the incorrect version of the email at the end of page, so you will likely have copied the incorrect version from one of those pages. I have flagged internally to amend all the webpages involved. And forwarded your query to the firearms team. Apologies for the incorrect email address appearing on some of our webpages.