Taking air rifle to southern ireland?

bladesman

What're you going to be using it for? As I understand it air rifle use over here is different to the UK, as to what you're allowed legally to shoot with it. I think you may need a licence for it too but don't quote me on that. Someone with better info will be along shortly I'm sure.

Thanks John,

Just going to use it for some pest control - rats and pigeons in a barn complex and rabbits on a couple of estates.

Does anyone know if any permissions or paperwork is needed to take an air rifle over to Southern Ireland when going on hols?? Would be going on car ferry.

Cheers

Hi there,, you"ll need a euro firearms pass ,its free from your police firearms HQ.. also you will need a south of ireland firearms cert, this comes yearly and you get it from the garda.. its no big deal.. i get it every year for the pigeon shooting, am up in the north of ireland... :unsure:

How would that work with a non-fac air-gun though? I thought euro-passes were only issued for what you have on your FAC/SGC?

mr_colt.

:huh: sorry i forgot, if you have a air-gun under 12ft lbs in GB you dont need a cert for it.. all firearms. ie all air-rifles, shotguns, rimfire, centrefire rifles, and handguns, you need a full FAC in the north of ireland :oops: