Browning semi-autos

I have been looking at semi-autos and already have a Remington 1100 20g but have been looking at 12g Browning semi-autos (second hand) and newer Remington 12g, I know I bit about the Remingtons but was wondering what peoples experiences of Browning semi-autos (as I know nothing about them) are they robust that type of thing? And how do they compare to the Remingtons?

crowstopper :yp: :):D

Crowstopper

I bought a Browning Silver about 8 months ago just for pigeon shooting. I have had no trouble and it has never jammed up once. I like the way you just feed the first cartridge into the mag and it picks it up and loads it into the breach without juggling around and pressing the action release button.

I paid £350 from Garlands shooting ground, when I tried it I was hooked, and when returning from the skeet range after trying it, someone from the day before had come back to buy it!! UNLUCKY!!! :yp:

I would buy another Browning S/A, I wouldn't mind a 3.5 magnum for next seasons geese!!!

Snap, it was the first place I fired a shotgun and my first semi!!!

I have bought all my guns from there.

Perhap we could have a pigeowatch shoot there!!!!

Is anyone interested, perhaps a competition clayshoot, I'm sure between us we could russel up a bunch of prizes.

Guest Patsmash

i have a browning silver stalker for sale £300 its in the sporting gun this month if anyones interested its a multi in excellent condition

maltes falcon. in malta 90/100 of the hunters use s/a/shout guns and we find that the browning the best. the old models are still in use those that bouth a browning 30 to 35years are still in very good condition thy are a bit have for waked up shooting but they can thak all sort of panishment and they are very relyable so go for it crowstopper TRY IT BEFOR BUYING IT sorry for my speeling hope you can anderstand my writing

In the end I went for a Remington 1187 :( as I know what the Remingtons are like also the browning was a bit knocked about, but i have to say the Remington is one of the nicest guns I have shot, but thanks for the advice if the browning I was looking at had been in better condition I may of bought it.

Crowstopper :huh::D :(

• 1 month later...
Guest pigeonbasher

hi everyone. i have just bought (1 week ago) a browning b-80-sl & was

wandering if anyone else had one &how old it may be iv"e shot 100 plus

shots with it & not one jam

Ive read this string with interest, and a degree of amazement.

I have previously posted on this forum my experience with a Browning Gold semi auto, and the cartridge cycling problems experienced.

My findings were that 65 and 67mm cases were the problem, 70mm cases were fine. The third new gun went back to the shop and was traded for a Beretta. No more Browning autos for us!

webber

>My findings were that 65 and 67mm cases were the problem, 70mm cases were fine.

>The third new gun went back to the shop and was traded for a Beretta. No more Browning autos for us!

My Gold cycles 24g 65mm shells fine, they must be a bit like 10/22's I guess, some good some bad.

Im pleased that you have not experienced the same problems. The Browning shot fine but consistantly failed to cycle. I conducted extensive tests on the second and third guns. Regardless of manufacturer or load, non 70mm cases repeatedly failed to cycle.

webber

I only have knowledge of the Browning Gold 10g and compaired to the Remington SP10 it looses hands down. I meet and speak to hundreds of wildfowlers each season and have spoken to dozens about the Browning 10g with only one or two people having a good thing to say about it. I know this is not the gun you are interested in but it would put me off a browning straight away. My choice would be a Beretta, Benelli or Remington.