Long Wait for my FAC!

SidneyG

Just emailed my local firearms department today just to check they had received my application. I sent it nearly two months ago but hadnt received any confirmation so wanted to check it had been received. Its going to be a bit longer than I thought! Current turnaround time for first application in 24-26 weeks! Up to 61/2 months!! ******!! They must be seriously stressed out in the firearms department if their backlog is that big. Im glad I dont work there!

This is going to be a long painfull few months ahead, at least it gives me more time to save up for the rifle and scope when I finnaly get the go ahead!:unsure:

Me and my mate put our application in last month I had the firearms officer round last week he appologised for the delay but he had been doing land checks for the centrefire. Any way I can have all three rifles I applied for 22lr, 17hmr and 223, I can use all three rifles on 3 of the 4 lands submitted for useage. Well chuffed but he said it will prob be 6 weeks until i get my cert. :huh: .

Me and my mate put our application in last month I had the firearms officer round last week he appologised for the delay but he had been doing land checks for the centrefire. Any way I can have all three rifles I applied for 22lr, 17hmr and 223, I can use all three rifles on 3 of the 4 lands submitted for useage. Well chuffed but he said it will prob be 6 weeks until i get my cert. :oops: .

You know how to rub it in! :oops: Lucky sod! Ive put in for .22lr and .223, but it sounds like the latter is a real long shot down here for first application :huh:

Dear All,

They are not ALL 6 months behind by any stretch of the imagination, but it's true that SOME applications for renewal or grant have taken that amount of time - and even more on occasion.

West Mercia Firearms Department Staff really ARE trying their very hardest under very difficult circumstances, the fault lies in the lack of resources being provided for them to do their jobs properly, coupled with the National Firearms Management Computer System (NLFMS) which isn't helping.

It WOULD help if people in West Mercia asked the Police Authority - their elected representatives in the Police - what THEY are doing about this. What resources are they telling the Chief Constable to supply?

BASC Firearms team took this up with West Mercia, and all we've received so far is a letter apologising for the problem and talk about "taking positive steps to remedy the situation" but without any detail. People who's certificates have expired might wish to contact their MPs to ask what is happening - using the excellent http://www.writetothem.com/

A point to make might be that West Mercia (2nd highest number of certificates on issue per UK police force) probably has the largest number of illegal firearms in the UK - and what are they doing about it ?

BASC will, of course, keep plugging away with WM as we do with all other licencing teams

David

I applied for an FAC on 8th July 2007, cheque was cashed om the 16th July 2007.

Had visit etc weeks ago.....11th Spetember 2007

Still waiting for ticket.....

It is apparently back with Kent Police at Maidstone awaiting processing.

I called three weeks ago to be told it could be another 4 months.....I told them I was a litttle surprised that it would take that long so they then readjusted their esitimate to 6 week. So I am expecting it by the end of November.....

Will have to wait and see......

• 4 weeks later...
Just emailed my local firearms department today just to check they had received my application. I sent it nearly two months ago but hadnt received any confirmation so wanted to check it had been received. Its going to be a bit longer than I thought! Current turnaround time for first application in 24-26 weeks! Up to 61/2 months!! ******!! They must be seriously stressed out in the firearms department if their backlog is that big. Im glad I dont work there!

This is going to be a long painfull few months ahead, at least it gives me more time to save up for the rifle and scope when I finnaly get the go ahead!:rolleyes:

you must be lucky still waiting on my fac renewal-cq cashed early june 07-they need a good kick up the *** but who dares!!unacceptable-in industry they would be bankrupt for gross inefficiency

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Its here!! One day less than the 6 months I was quoted, got ,22rf with mod, and .223 with mod, NO MENTORING CONDITION! Well chuffed, got the rimmie sorted yesterday and nailed the first rabbit within 6 hours of getting the cert! :birthday:

Just got to find a nice .223 now. Cant stop grinning!!

I bet you're well happy! I'm really pleased you got there in the end, and my record is also still standing for the UK as far as I know (on here anyway). It's a great feeling when you actually get it, and to have no mentor on the .223 is pretty good too. Do you have any idea what .223 you'll get, or are you still thinking?