I would like your advice

magdie

I would like some advice. I have two guns a Cometa N300 and a BSA Superstar. Both I am advised are shooting at 11.5 lb. What I cannot undertand is at 30 yards the Cometa will punch an hole straight through a pellet tin, where as the Superstar only puts a big dint in it. I am using Accupell .22 domed for the Cometa and.22 Bsa Elite for the Superstar.Is it the gun that needs a look at, or in you opinion the choice of pellet.

Of course its going to be different, you are using different pellets!

Try the same brand of pellet in both air rifles, preferably domed as that will give it a bigger punch.

Thanks for that I will try it, if that does not alter I will have both guns re-chroned

I would like some advice. I have two guns a Cometa N300 and a BSA Superstar. Both I am advised are shooting at 11.5 lb. What I cannot undertand is at 30 yards the Cometa will punch an hole straight through a pellet tin, where as the Superstar only puts a big dint in it. I am using Accupell .22 domed for the Cometa and.22 Bsa Elite for the Superstar.Is it the gun that needs a look at, or in you opinion the choice of pellet.

Your advised wrong then .......get access to a chrono and find out for yourself :huh:........For air rifle velocities I believe you can pick them up for around £30 .A well worthy addition IMO if you want to get the best out of a 12 ft lb set up .

It's been along time since I used 12 ft lbs but from memory with the right pellet it's enough power to penetrate thin tin :oops:

its the pellets mate ! i was messing around with them ie. testing them and it is amazing on how the pellets make a difference... like i shot an apple with a .22 accupel and put a nice clean hole through it and not a big exit hole, then i shot it with a hollowpoint which at 35 yds i was amazed that it blew the apple in half ! and the logun penetrators just go straight through it with a massive exit hole. so mate my advice would be get it chronod just to rest your mind that its not the guns and stick with the same pellets :huh: because they are all different !

cheers,

GM

its the pellets mate ! i was messing around with them ie. testing them and it is amazing on how the pellets make a difference... like i shot an apple with a .22 accupel and put a nice clean hole through it and not a big exit hole, then i shot it with a hollowpoint which at 35 yds i was amazed that it blew the apple in half ! and the logun penetrators just go straight through it with a massive exit hole. so mate my advice would be get it chronod just to rest your mind that its not the guns and stick with the same pellets :huh: because they are all different !

cheers,

GM

Thanks mate