gun cabinet in attic

Jay

mine is up there also and YES ITS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is it the wife for not letting me have it downstairs?:lol:? :yes:

the wife is part of the problem,but I was thinking about the change in temprature some days its hot up there and sometimes cold I was a bit worried about condensation forming in the cabinet.

mine is up there also and YES ITS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is it the wife for not letting me have it downstairs?:lol:? :yes:

the wife is part of the problem,but I was thinking about the change in temprature some days its hot up there and sometimes cold I was a bit worried about condensation forming in the cabinet.

you can also buy sticky pads that will keep the corrosion away

I have one cabinet in the loft and one hidden inside a wardrobe in the guest room.

Police have passed both but he did mutter about the loft one saying he has seen people store their guns elsewhere due to the effort of retieiving them all the time.

The loft one is used to store items/guns I use infrequently.

In all my cabinets I fit a VP90 patch or 2 to help reduce the risk of corrosion.

Jerry

My attic based cabinet was a pain as I had to go to the shed,get the stepladders and teeter on the top rung risking life and limb,worse still getting down.Answer;Loft ladders! Loads better.Cab well out of sight and feo not even bothered to do more than a quick look. :angry:

I am going to put my gun cabinet in the attic has anyone done this and did you have any problems.

there wont be any problems just fix it to the main wall , the only problem you will have is keep going up there to get to the gun could be a pain in the ****

Agreed

webber

• 2 weeks later...

I leave my ladder in the loft and then stand on a small step ladder to get the hatch open and get the main ladder out.

There isn't room to stand in my loft so I have laid carpet on the floorboards so that I can crawl the 6ft to my cabinet without hurting my knees!

I leave my ladder in the loft and then stand on a small step ladder to get the hatch open and get the main ladder out.

There isn't room to stand in my loft so I have laid carpet on the floorboards so that I can crawl the 6ft to my cabinet without hurting my knees!

Your FEO must have loved that assault course inspection.

Your FEO must have loved that assault course inspection.

he hasnt been yet (nearly two months since my cheque was cashed) But I have spoken to him about it and he said it was fine, and not unexpected in new build 3 storey townhouses. ;)