TD5 problem

game_boy

I have a V8 Disco Y reg and just tried a few things, if you have the right key the drivers door should unlock regardless are you sure you have the right key ie has it ever had a lock change on that door??

If you have the owners manual it has a section about over ridging any imobalise by a sequence of turns, you need to get in the car first and the normal key should open it regardless of a flat battery as they have a completely manual door lock system even though it has a remote to unlock also. i dont think you can dead lock from the remote, or you certainly cant from my one anyway, pressing lock once is locked completely. only the inside on dash lock button dead locks things.

my previous one also didnt have dead lock from remote. ps if you press lock again do the indercators flash

Couldn't tell you but its looking as though it might have had something done to the lock, as it aint playing ball. Nothing happens when you press the button, except the the wee red led comes on on the key. The red light on the dash is still flashing though, so maybe soem power there but nothing to open the doors. Ours is also a Y reg.

I have a V8 Disco Y reg and just tried a few things, if you have the right key the drivers door should unlock regardless are you sure you have the right key ie has it ever had a lock change on that door??

If you have the owners manual it has a section about over ridging any imobalise by a sequence of turns, you need to get in the car first and the normal key should open it regardless of a flat battery as they have a completely manual door lock system even though it has a remote to unlock also. i dont think you can dead lock from the remote, or you certainly cant from my one anyway, pressing lock once is locked completely. only the inside on dash lock button dead locks things.

my previous one also didnt have dead lock from remote. ps if you press lock again do the indercators flash

Couldn't tell you but its looking as though it might have had something done to the lock, as it aint playing ball. Nothing happens when you press the button, except the the wee red led comes on on the key. The red light on the dash is still flashing though, so maybe soem power there but nothing to open the doors. Ours is also a Y reg.

Have you tried the boot or the passenger lock?

Have you tried the boot or the passenger lock?

There's no lock on the passenger side or the boot unfortunatley

Before you go to the Land Rover dealer for help try this.

Use the key to open the door as you would normally when not using the remote but use the door handle as if you were opening it as normal before turning the key.

The key maybe difficult to operate but try it anyway.

I have a Land Rover master technician a couple of miles away from where I work and I will contact him tomorrow if you PM me with what vehicle the TD5 is in and the year.

LB

Before you go to the Land Rover dealer for help try this.

Use the key to open the door as you would normally when not using the remote but use the door handle as if you were opening it as normal before turning the key.

The key maybe difficult to operate but try it anyway.

I have a Land Rover master technician a couple of miles away from where I work and I will contact him tomorrow if you PM me with what vehicle the TD5 is in and the year.

LB

you have PM

Well after some messing around this morning couldn't see anything that looked like a starter motor cable under the car so left it at that as didnt want to start unscrewing anything trying to get a better look. Dad spent most of the day on to the garantee people and phoned the local dealership, who suggested Landrover Assistance who can come out and have a better idea of things diagnostically. Eventually decided to give the AA a go again and hope they could do something in the light. This time though it was a contractor rather than the actual AA man. Out comes the ol' bit wire and hook to try and catch the door handle, no joy. HE would have tried charging the battery but as the LED was still flashing on the dash, its still got power. Different thing about this chap was that he was phoning back to base to check on any other solutions. Well on the centre console there is a central locking button, easier to push that than try to hook the handle, which was proving to be a right ****.

So the chap managed to push this button with the wire, nothing happened apparently. Then he had a walk round the car and tried pressing the fob again and the bloody thing opened!!!!! The guy really persivered with it and said it was one of the hardest lock-outs he's had. So Dad saw him alright with a tenner for a few pints, as it would have cost him alot more for a one off fee call out for Landrover assistance to come out and try something with the wires in the tail gate.

So the best option was while the engine was running, take it straight into the local dealership, leave it over night and get them to do the full diagnostic on it and try and solve this. Its better sat there in the morning than at home, with hee haw we could do if it did this again.

Thanks to one and all for replying and offering advice and to LB for checking with his technician for me today.

Well after some messing around this morning couldn't see anything that looked like a starter motor cable under the car so left it at that as didnt want to start unscrewing anything trying to get a better look. Dad spent most of the day on to the garantee people and phoned the local dealership, who suggested Landrover Assistance who can come out and have a better idea of things diagnostically. Eventually decided to give the AA a go again and hope they could do something in the light. This time though it was a contractor rather than the actual AA man. Out comes the ol' bit wire and hook to try and catch the door handle, no joy. HE would have tried charging the battery but as the LED was still flashing on the dash, its still got power. Different thing about this chap was that he was phoning back to base to check on any other solutions. Well on the centre console there is a central locking button, easier to push that than try to hook the handle, which was proving to be a right ****.

So the chap managed to push this button with the wire, nothing happened apparently. Then he had a walk round the car and tried pressing the fob again and the bloody thing opened!!!!! The guy really persivered with it and said it was one of the hardest lock-outs he's had. So Dad saw him alright with a tenner for a few pints, as it would have cost him alot more for a one off fee call out for Landrover assistance to come out and try something with the wires in the tail gate.

So the best option was while the engine was running, take it straight into the local dealership, leave it over night and get them to do the full diagnostic on it and try and solve this. Its better sat there in the morning than at home, with hee haw we could do if it did this again.

Thanks to one and all for replying and offering advice and to LB for checking with his technician for me today.

Hi GB how did he get to access the button on the centre console, did he manage to force the window down?

I ask purely as I have TD5 and would like to know should it ever happen to me. (and I cant get hold of LB :lol::lol: )

:good: D2D

Hi GB how did he get to access the button on the centre console, did he manage to force the window down?

I ask purely as I have TD5 and would like to know should it ever happen to me. (and I cant get hold of LB :lol::lol: )

:good: D2D

He had 2 little air bags which he inflated by hand, the sort that inflate round your arm when taking your blood pressure. He used these to open the door round the frame a little so he could get the wire in through and press the button on the centre console.

Hope that helps.