Browning Cynergy

fishandshoot

Get the GT Browning. Higher re-sale value, better looking in my opipion, shoots nicer, more acceptable game shooting etc.

Absolutely no brainer, GT much better gun value wise and an easier gun to get into for an all-rounder, Browning have to be one of the easiest guns to pick and shoot with off the shelf of late , a good balance of quality and price IMHO.

Martin

hi i am a Browning man through and through i have a 425 grade 5 and a wetlands camo 3.5" gold hunter and have owned a cynergy since the last cla game fair where i bought an American import the difference is that the end of the barrells are vented giving alot less kick and i totally love this gun for clays its well balanced and an out and out clay gun the chokes are easy to change i love it

sean

Edited by Shotgun-Sean

where you too Sean ,??

A Browning man myself ,being the proud owner of the odd few ,

a 425 Goldsporting 30", two ultra XS 30" and 30" plus 2" was looking at an old FN superposed but too much coin ,a Buckmark pistol .22" .

still not convinced of the "perfect gun" attitude of the Cynergy and its sponsers ,i have shot 4 seperate guns in 12 gauge now through a number of sports ,its a good working gun ,i can atest to that ,i just cant seem to get over the "futuristic" B.S. that goes with the package .

I'm not adverse to change ,so i am going to look at the 20 gauge as a skeet and sporting adition for myself and "erindoors ", im hoping to find one here in town or close too ,dont particularly want to go to the states.

if you take a look at the video clip link ,you'l see/hear a lefty( like me) talk of how hard it is to find a gun to fit ,personaly the Browning ultras fit a lefty as good as any other if not better .

http://www.browning.com/video/index.asp

We will see .......

Martin

I can't understand why Browning don't do what Perrazzi are now doing i.e. offer several options of stock type and comb height as options for the Cynergy. Sticking to that "love it or hate it" stock and recoil pad seems crazy to me. Personally I think it looks hideous, but with an adjustable comb and a choice of length of pull (I know it can be altered slghtly) it would appeal to far more people.

Chris

I can't understand why Browning don't do what Perrazzi are now doing i.e. offer several options of stock type and comb height as options for the Cynergy. Sticking to that "love it or hate it" stock and recoil pad seems crazy to me. Personally I think it looks hideous, but with an adjustable comb and a choice of length of pull (I know it can be altered slghtly) it would appeal to far more people.

Chris

Hi Chris ,

I cant for the life of me see why you want to increase the cost of a Browning by somewhere in the region of 50-75 % just to say you now have the choice of how it fits or looks .

as i prior posted

"if you take a look at the video clip link ,you'l see/hear a lefty( like me) talk of how hard it is to find a gun to fit ,personaly the Browning ultras fit a lefty as good as any other if not better ."

If you want to go out and pay excess of $8000 bucks on a "Perrazzi " knock yourself out .

if you realisticaly look at the quality of a Browning Citori of the shelf you can buy 2 for the price of one "Perrazzi" ,i fail to see why you cant find an off the shelf gun that fits close enough that with a little fitting will work for you ,as you know we are not all built the same ,but also we dont all have a gazzillion bucks for an Italian fence post :lol:

before i get slammed down for knocking the best of Italian gunmakers ,i shot a 2000 mx8 in skeet for a period of time in 2002 and still went back to my ultras , of which one has a rather large number of shells through it without a problem .

Martin

by the way where you too ,no local posted ?? just curious ,and i aint a cat :/

Martin,

You're right on all counts, I realise that the multi-stock option would be very expensive. (I'm not a Perazzi user by the way, too dear for me!) The point I was trying to make was that the Cynergy has lots of new features e.g special chokes, new system for fixing barrels to action, ultra-low profile, very fast lock-time and probably some things I've forgotten. I just think it's a shame that some people are put off by the strange stock.

I've always been a fan of the solid feel of Browning O/Us and admire the new take on the O/U they have achieved, it should be available to a wider audience though.

Perhaps a conventional 425 style butt suggestion on my part would have been more realistic.

Chris

I'm in West Yorkshire by the way

I realise that the multi-stock option would be very expensive. (I'm not a Perazzi user by the way, too dear for me!) The point I was trying to make was that the Cynergy has lots of new features e.g special chokes, new system for fixing barrels to action, ultra-low profile, very fast lock-time and probably some things I've forgotten. I just think it's a shame that some people are put off by the strange stock.

I've always been a fan of the solid feel of Browning O/Us and admire the new take on the O/U they have achieved, it should be available to a wider audience though.

Perhaps a conventional 425 style butt suggestion on my part would have been more realistic.

Chris

I'm in West Yorkshire by the way

Chris ,

I take your point , the new features are good looking and im told very functional , as i said i have used one in 12 gauge 4/500 shells through ,the first thing i noticed was ,as many have found out, is the pad,it sticks like hell ,its no good for int skeet with a gun down start , i didnt like it much then but for some stupid reason its growing on me :lol:

as far as my Ultras go ,they are in my opinion one of the best value for money guns off the shelf, your point of "solid feel" o/us anything from the 325 through to the 525 are solid guns with quality manufacture and ascetically pleasing to look at.

the only mod i have done to mine is to remove the palmswell from both stocks re-checker and re-finish in oil,im a lefty and the swell ticked me off,other than that they are as identical as i can make them ,the gold sporting has no swell.

back to the synergy ,i will try to pick one up in 20 gauge its light enough for the misses to shoot and i do like to shoot the smaller gauges in skeet and trap,i also have a Miroku four barrel set i play with.as to the stock i guess the off the shelf strocks wont fit so a custom would be the only way to go,unless you know someone in the wood game :/ we'll see

Martin

• 2 years later...
Guest The Outlaw

I bought my wife one, a 30" black ice multi choke back in august 07.

I hate it, it jumps about all over the place and seems very stiff and delicate

She can only shoot 24gram loads through it because it kicks to much.

I have even put 4oz of lead in the stock to keep it more stable.

I considered it when I wanted to move up from a 325 28" but choose a 425 32" instead

I am sticking with my 425 32". Tony