firearms officer just came!!!

soreshoulder

Many congrats. Now all you have to do is find a gun you like. Try to find a gun shop that will let you try out some second-hand guns, after you've had a session or two with an instructor. It would be worth travelling to a gun shop where you can actually try out some guns as it'll give you the chance to find something that suits you really well.

Congratulations.

It would be a good idea if your supervisor was an experienced shot. You should then learn safety first hand and also pick up some useful tip. A number of sessions at a decent clay ground would also be an excellent idea.

webber

this means my dad will be able to take me out even though he hasnt got a sgc, he used to shoot for many years when he was younger. this will take some pressure off of my grmap of supervising me as it is hard work for him and does not like to just go for a walk around as he is 70. :lol:

Many congrats. Now all you have to do is find a gun you like. Try to find a gun shop that will let you try out some second-hand guns, after you've had a session or two with an instructor. It would be worth travelling to a gun shop where you can actually try out some guns as it'll give you the chance to find something that suits you really well.

Dont mean to be a nerd but do you know the classification of a gun and a rifle?

And well done on getting your Licence

Would that be Chris Lees? If so he's a really helpful guy. I hope your cert comes along soon. If you need an experienced shooter to look after you on your permission now and again give me a shout, I wouldn't mind helping you out as others have helped me in the past (and still do). :xmas:

Soreshoulder

Congrats on your certificate don't want to put a damper on things your Fire Arms Officer was correct when he said you could go out unaccompanied at the age of 15 what you may not know is that you cannot buy or purchase a shotgun or ammunition until you are 17. You can be given or lent a gun and ammunition at 15 but until you are 15 you will have to borrow a gun and ammo from a friend or who ever accompanies you. Congrats again and good hunting (the reason I know this my son had his granted when he was eight, he is now 13 and he uses my guns when we are out, at 15 I will give him the gun he is using now that is on my Certificate).