learn from others mistakes

dead-eye

Saw this an another forum and thought it was a good idea. The idea of this thread is for evryone to post the mistakes they have made so others can learn from them. They can be any mistakes you have made when shooting. The more honest we are the more mistakes we may prevent from happening. :good:

And I may aswell start it off.

I was out doing a bit of rough shooting not so long ago and decided to go to one of the woods I shoot, I had walked through most of the wood and not seen anything but then I see two squirells on the ground but they also see me and both run in diffrent directions and up in to the trees, i see one of them in a high branch and shoot it, it starts to fall to the ground so i break the barell and the empty cartridge pops out then suddenly the squirell gets uo and starts to run away i close the gun quickly and try to shoot it as it is running away but obviously the gun shot the empty barell again and nothing hapened so in the end the squirell gets away. I hate seing an injured animal getting away so lesson learnd next time i shall make sure its dead before breaking the barrell and if in doubt shoot it again.

Here is how to make a fool of your self , went out stalking with a mate we were after an old doe that was limping, we saw her about 450 yrds out in middle of large field i knew where she would head for so not to be seen had to crawl about 1/2 mile on my belly while my mate stayed put.Got in to place and sure eoungh she headed straight to me waited until she had got to 60 yrds crosshair right on the neck took deep breath and sqeazed the trigger only to hear a loud click ,in all theexcitement forgot to put the magazine in the rifle :good::sly::lol::lol: BEARDY

I think the worst mistake I've made was pressing the wrong button on my semi (the one by the loading gate) just as a flock of pigeons was approaching. It dropped a round out of the mag under the gate and the whole lot jammed up. By the time I'd sorted it out they'd all ******** off again :good:

this happened yesterday :good: going pigeon shooting got to the end of the street lanbers son pulled up, i pulled up behind him, land rover pulled up behind me honking his horn, got me growly head on looking at him with me finger to my lips(as in shut the flip up)to fined i had left the back door open on the vitara :oops:3 shotguns in the back :lol: next time i Se the lad i am going to apologize to him :lol::lol:

not quite shooting, on the way there :lol: